Chapter Twenty-One: This Is A War...

School was beginning again. I sat curling my hair as Nyx started freaking out, she was going to be a high school student, and as such was wondering what high schoolers wear. In the end she grabbed a panda crop top with jean shorts and some sandals.

"What about my hair?" Nyx asked glancing at her black hair. It was slightly wavy and she was deciding whether to leave it, straighten it or curl it.

"Just leave it or curl it," I said smiling as I got up to fix my clothes. Smoothing out my shorts and t-shirt before throwing on a black sleeveless lightweight vest.

"I can't leave it!" Nyx said flopping down on the chair I had been sitting on to curl my hair. She handed me the wand and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I'll curl your hair," I said narrowing my eyes at the smiling girl. I began curling and just after I finished the first half of her hair there was a loud honk from outside. "The guys are here."

"They can wait! Finish my hair!" Nyx said giving me her puppy dog eyes. Let's just say...they don't work on me. Mine work better than everyone's in the family. But because of that, no one elses works on me.

"Okay?" I said ignoring the honking, but no sooner I get to the last strand the boys come beating down my door.

"Amaterasu! Come on! We don't want to be late!" a familiar goof voice said through the door.

"Door's unlocked," I said working the last curl when a blonde hair boy threw the door open. He was staring and looking impatient as Sasuke, Neji and Itachi stood with hands on their foreheads. When the three let their hands fall to their sides there was an evident red mark where their hand used to be.

"What's taking so long?" Naruto groaned before looking at Nyx. She had definitely grown taller. She was now five-two, the same height I am. She'd also gotten tanner from the vacation, but then again so did I. Neji, Sasuke and Itachi still looked like pale ghosts but then again, they are ghosts. They even stalk people...

"Shut up Naruto, can't you see she was curling Nyx's hair?" Itachi asked punching his head.

"Ow! Amaterasu! He just punched me!" Naruto said running over to my side and hiding behind me. I glanced at Itachi and then gestured to Nyx.

"Naruto you remember my sister Nyx don't you?" I asked ignoring his whining and moving him onto a different subject.

"Wasn't she shorter?" he asked glancing at her with skeptical eyes. Is he stupid? I wondered as Nyx lifted up her fist and tried to contain her anger. Without warning she punched him hard in the head. I laughed as Nyx stormed out of the room. "Ow! What's her problem?"

"Try not to offend her again, if you do I can't say you won't end up dead on the outskirts of town," I winked before grabbing Neji and Itachi's arm and dragging the two downstairs as Sasuke and Naruto followed them.

"By the way, Shikamaru decided on a race this afternoon to kick off the new school year. We are Sophomores now," Neji said glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

"Too bad we can't attend," Nyx said looking up from the staircase as we walked down.

"Why can't you guys?" Itachi asked moving his head to stare into Nyx's gold eyes. Nyx sighed and looked up at me. I nodded.

"It looks like we have to take a month off school to head back to the clan and take care of an uprising, seems the gentleman in our clan are bigger idiots than we originally thought, because they decided that even after the Chief was killed, they still want men to rule," I said disgusted. The men of the clan have always wanted the power from as far back as her mother could remember. When they were told about the history of the clan, they were surprised that women were originally the correct rulers of the clan, and that thanks to her mom's brother they now were suffering.