15. I can't stand it anymore

Important note: I'm not a native english speaker (nor a professional writer), and though I feel kind of comfortable with it, my level is far from being bilingual. Even so, I wanted to write this story in english so it can be reached by more people (specially Furuba fans). Please let me know any typo or mistake that I can have done in the comments of each chapter so I can polish it as much as possible. Thanks in advance and please enjoy it!

* * *

Before Nao and Tohru could continue talking about a bit of everything, Nao's mother briefly interrupted them arriving with the long-awaited cake. Once Tohru got introduced to Hanako, and noticing they were having a good time catching up, she let them be alone for a little longer claiming she needed to buy some groceries and run some errands before dinner, and invited Tohru to spend the night there since there would be no classes the next day. Nao considered that a great idea and begged her to accept, so Tohru was unable to refuse.

The three of them spent a nice time having dinner together, and Tohru thought that Nao and Hanako reminded her a lot of the times she was living with her mother. She treasured that moment a lot, and felt very grateful to them for sharing it with her. As expected, Hanako immediately felt affectionate for Tohru, finding her to be a really sweet girl.

Once finished, Nao urged Tohru to change into a pajamas she lent her and continue the talk they were having before. They got into Nao's bed and started chattering about a lot of stuff.

Nao listened enchanted to everything Tohru told her. She wanted to hear every single detail of their lives in the last couple of months. For what she narrated, it seemed like everything went pretty smooth for everyone and this made Nao feel relieved. Tohru told her about the school trip to Kyoto. About how Uotani suddenly changed all her part-time jobs. About Kyo and their plans to spend New Years Eve together at his step-father's house. And also about Hana-chan being interested in that man, Kazuma. Too much seemed to have happened in a short period of time. Nao felt a bit sad for having missed everything.

- And... what about Shigure? - asked hesitant - I realized... you never talk about him.

- Ah... sorry - apologized Tohru - He warned me... that you might became sad if I talk to you about him... - she doubted for a second - Could it be that... because he forced you to come back... Are you mad at him, Nao?

Nao couldn't help but laugh because of the funny conclusions of her friend.

- No, not at all Tohru. It has nothing to do with that. It's complicated to explain... But I'm not by any means mad at him.

- Ah... I'm relieved! - exclaimed Tohru, more lively now - You know... I think he misses you a lot...

- ... - Nao thought she missheard her - W-what? Me? W-why would you think that?

- You see... I don't believe he has a someone like you said... Because since the day he brought you here he hasn't been doing much more than working and attending some obligations, and I realized he is still using his studio as bedroom... - she made a little pause - What I think is... he's waiting for the day you can come back, Nao.

Nao felt a squeeze in her chest and involuntarily pressed it with one hand, like trying to stop it from hurting. Tohru noticed and thought she should add something else.

- That other thing in the bag I gave you is from him. That's why I told you to open it later... I don't know what it could be, but I feel it's something you should treasure especially.