03. The calm before the storm

Important note: I'm not a native english speaker (nor a professional writer), and though I feel kind of comfortable with it, my level is far from being bilingual. Even so, I wanted to write this story in english so it can be reached by more people (specially Furuba fans). Please let me know any typo or mistake that I can have done in the comments of each chapter so I can polish it as much as possible. Thanks in advance and please enjoy it!

* * *

Some days have passed but Nao wasn't able to meet with Akito for a second time yet, mainly due to the delicate health of this one but also because of some family duties that the head of the family had to attend. So in the meanwhile she took the chance to spend some time with the younger Sohmas as well as Tohru, with whom she was already getting along great.

- Uhm? A festival?

- Yes, there'll be a lot of stands and fireworks at night. Some friends from our class are coming too, it will be so much fun so please feel free to join! - said Tohru lively, while drying the dishes that Nao was handing her. She decided that, while staying at Shigure's house, she would help with the chores in exchange.

- It sounds nice! It's a pity that I don't have any yukata here to wear. - Said Nao, thinking out loud.

- Ah, but Hana-chan's aunt have a kimono rental shop, she told me that we can borrow a pair of yukatas if we want...

- Excuse me! - Someone interrupted their conversation from outside the house. - Sensei? Are you at home?

- Sensei..? - Nao wondered who that could be.

- Ah! That must be Shigure-san's editor, Mitsuru-san. - exclaimed Tohru - He's a recognized writer, but he drives her crazy with the manuscripts after all. - and runned towards the entrance to attend the visitor.

"A writer..?" thought Nao while placing the last dishes on the shelves "Now that I think of it I didn't ask him what he does for a living." ... "But a recognized author... I would have never imagined it. Although... that explains why he owns this nice house after all"

- I'm so sorry! Shigure-san is not here at the moment and he might be coming back late today, but if you wish you can wait here... - notified Tohru, bowing again and again to the visible desperate editor, who once more was evaded by him with a deadline on top of them.

- I can't believe it! - Mitsuru covered her face with the palm of her hand dramatically... - Only a couple of days left to the deadline and he has shown no signs of life... - started to complain to herself - He's going to kill my nerves! - then inhaled deeply in an attemt to recompose - Honda-san...

- Y-yes?..

- Please tell sensei to finish the manuscript by the deadline, or else... - she did a dramatic pause - I will quit my job! I promise! This time I'm serious about it! - Tohru saw Mitsuru's eyes becoming inevitably wet, but the editor bowed and quickly turned around to avoid being seen crying.

- I'll do... - Said Tohru, mostly to herself, as Mitsuru was running back to her car, sobbing.

"So this is how Shigure-san really is as a writer..." and Nao couldn't avoid to chuckle, as she had witnessed all the scene from the inside of the house. "Somewhat it fits his personality."

That day at early afternoon, the two girls met with Hana-chan at her aunt's shop to try on some yukatas. They planned to attend the festival with Kyo and Yuki, who were waiting for them at home, and arranged to meet all together with Arisa directly at the park later.