11. Too late

Important note: I'm not a native english speaker (nor a professional writer), and though I feel kind of comfortable with it, my level is far from being bilingual. Even so, I wanted to write this story in english so it can be reached by more people (specially Furuba fans). Please let me know any typo or mistake that I can have done in the comments of each chapter so I can polish it as much as possible. Thanks in advance and please enjoy it!

* * *

It was early morning of a regular weekday, Tohru and Kyo were about to leave to highschool as usual, Nao went downstairs then and found them reading a note that Shigure had left in the table of the kitchen to notice he was going to be absent all day.

- Does something happen? - asked Nao, intrigued. - Where are Shigure-san and Yuki-kun?

- Yuki-kun left early because of the student council. - Answered Tohru - And Shigure-san left this note saying that he was suddenly called to the Sohma's main complex, it seems that he won't be back until late.

- Oh, I see... - Nao wondered if that was something usual.

- Anyways, let's get going or we'll be late. - Kyo urged Tohru

- Ah, right! See you later Nao-chan. - Tohru smiled and Nao waved her hand to say goodbye.

Without giving it more thoughts Nao finished her coffee quietly and no long after took her things in order to leave too. She closed the front door behind her and started walking the pathway when she saw a black car parked in front of the house. She thought it seemed familiar to her but didn't pay much attention to it and kept walking. A few steps after she could heard one of the car's doors opening and then a voice she could recognize immediately talked to her.

- It's been a while... Izumi-san. - That voice made Nao freeze, unable to take another step but not daring to turn back to the interlocutor either. "It can't be..."

She heard the steps of someone approaching her and then a hand resting on her shoulder. She felt a chill running through her body. "Please don't" she thought, and clenched her eyes.

- I want to introduce you to someone - said Akito, and then she could hear another door of the car opening - Hatori-san, come here to meet my dear cousin.

"Hatori-san!?" Nao repeated his name to herself "that Hatori!?"

* * *

Shigure found Ayame at the entrace of Akito's manor, they exchanged an animated chatter as usual, but it couldn't last long as both of them were a bit worried about the sudden call and were urged to enter the house. Once in the main lounge they could find Ritsu already waiting inside, she seemed to be quite nervous, but this was something common in her.

- Ah, Ayame-san, Shigure-san. Long time no see. - Ritsu bowed at them - So you were called here too... I'm relieved. I mean, not that I want you to be here you know... with Akito. Is just that... that... w-well-

- Calm down Ritsu. - Shigure raised his hand to prevent her from continue talking - It seems that Akito called all the oldest members.

- Oldest!? - exclaimed Ayame, extremely theatrical - Then I definitely must be mistaken, as I'm obviously a youth soul in the prime of life - and made the pretense of leaving, knowing that Shigure would hold him from his robe to avoid it.

- I guess we can only wait and discover what's so urgent. - sentenced Shigure and took a seat close to Ritsu, she nodded in agreement. - I wonder where is Hatori though, that guy's never late.