22

"Don't make me come over there!"
Machi shouted.

Gon and Killua looked at each other, trying to come up with an excuse but automatically know that the Troupe isn't stupid enough to fall for any tricks. If they feel a presence, then they feel a presence it doesn't get any simpler than that.

Crona and Kurapika looked at each other, one about to have a nervous breakdown while the other readies themselves for any attacks coming their way.
"Get out of here Crona. Try to get on the rooftop." The Kurta whispered.
"I can't leave you here. You will be in even more danger than I would be. You are the chain user they are after." Crona whispered back.
"They are after you too ya know."
"At least I didn't kill one of them. Once they see you, you're dead but me on the other hand will be punished."
"What are you saying, Crona?"

Crona makes sure that their hood is tight enough and still unidentified. They took one step out of their hiding spot and walked to where the boys were with their hands up.

"Who are you?"
Machi asks but getting only silence as an answer. "Answer my question."
"Machi." Chrollo puts his hand on the pink haired girl's shoulder, notifying that there is no time.

Machi sighs while tying the two boys with her nen while Shizuku gets a hold of the disguised Crona.
Their heart was beating fast in anxiousness. They are back with the Troupe but they had to keep this little prank up, that is if the Spiders don't pull down the hood which eventually they will obviously.

"I just have one question!" Gon shouted, getting everyone's attention.
"How can you kill people who have nothing to do with you?"
Everyone looked at the tied up small boy. Crona carefully glared at Chrollo who was walking towards Gon. They were hoping that if he tried anything, Ragnarok would be summoned to help but they couldn’t do that right since they would be quickly recognised.
They didn't want that just yet.

"You look pretty hostile, considering you surrendered." Chrollo smiled down at Gon then looked at the other two prisoners, giving an interested glare to the disguised one. "Shizuku, check that one's hands."

Shizuku nodded and checked Crona's hands but still kept a strong grip so that they wouldn't have a chance to escape.
"What is it that you're looking for, boss? This one doesn't have anything in their hands." Shizuku said.

"Just a little reassurance if there were any chains in sight." He smiled making the other two Spiders understand and the two boys perk up their heads.
"Are you saying this one might be the chain user? I mean it is a possibility, we don't know what the chain user even looks like." Machi spoke.

"Why don't I just…" Shizuku's words drifted as she was beginning to raise one of her hands towards Crona's hood.
Crona took notice but also realized that Shizuku let go one of their arms. They quickly tried to elbow their capturer but were caught by Shizuku's quick reflexes.
"Lucky I caught that. Nice try." She said as if it was nothing.

"We will continue this at the hotel. We will wait for the others there." Chrollo turned and began walking with everyone else following him.
Gon and Killua gave small glances to each other and occasionally Crona as well to see if they were alright after the little trick that they played.
After that attempt, Shizuku gripped Crona even harder at the point it would feel like their bones were being crushed.
'You're telling me this girl only got second to last in the arm wrestling chart?' Crona thought.
.
.
.
They made their entry in the Hotel Beitacle and waited against an indoor pillar.
"Chrollo how about you do the honors of pulling the hood down on this one while I keep them in place." Shizuku suggested.
Chrollo gave it a thought before walking towards them.

"Do you know what time it is?!" 

A loud voice interrupted everyone's inner thoughts. They looked over to see a man in a business suit yelling at his phone.
That man made the three kids cheer up.
It was Leorio. There was some hope.
"Now listen up. I'll close my eyes like nothing ever happened alright? Seven on the dot."
He continued but in a serious tone.
The two best friends looked at each other as if they understood something while Crona was just standing there.
'Seven on the dot?' They thought and looked at a nearby clock showing that was nearly 7.
'Is something going to happen at that time? I'll be prepared for it hopefully.'

As they were lost in thought, they felt a cool breeze hitting their head. They blinked their eyes a few times and quickly turned their head to who was in front of them realizing that their hood was down by Chrollo.
Gon and Killua looked over with worried looks. Looks like the jig was up.

"Crona." Chrollo said with a monotone voice, making the now identified figure sweat.
"C-Chrollo hi um uhhh" Crona stuttered, not sure what to say and looking away.
They felt Chrollo's disappointment making them sweat even more.
Crona felt Chrollo's hand on their head making them feel like screaming but resisted. They thought that he was going to hurt them but instead Chrollo formed a small smile.
"Glad to have you back."
This made Crona confused but didn't try to think about it too much. They just knew that they were gonna get a big talk if they were left with the Spiders.
"That's my que!" Ragnarok appeared.
"Oh how I missed to see that big forehead of yours Chrollo" The little demon teased.

"Oh look Paku's here." Shizuku announced earning a little wave from the other group that entered.
"Is that who I think that is?" Nobunaga laughed, noticing Crona.
"Crona, glad to see you again. Maybe you won't run this time." Pakunoda smiled.
"Hey and the two kids! Why don't you become a Spider just like your friend Crona here." Nobunaga bent down at the two boys' heights.
"Yeah right. We're only here for the reward money." Killua turned his head away.
"Yeah! And Crona is not a Spider! They would never join you guys." Gon followed.
"But they did." Chrollo added, making the boys confused.
"Crona I thought you would say you were a Spider. Wasn't that part of the deal?" He asked, making Crona feel sick.
"Boys this is number 11."
'no no no no get away from me. That's not true.' Crona yelled in their mind.
Killua looked at Crona with furrowed eyebrows and looked away making the meister feel guilty.

"Boss, i can check these boys again if you'd like. What question shall I ask." Pakunoda walked in front of the two boys.

"What are they hiding"

Crona knew exactly what's going to happen. They watched their two friends getting grabbed by Paku in anger from their back talk making her explain how her ability works.

After her explanation, there was a radio going off, letting everyone know that it was about to be 7. They all had to get prepared.
'But what's the point?' Crona thought.
'My friends probably hate me now. I lied to them. I always do this! I hate myself!' Crona felt like crying but held it in.
"Crona ya know what to do right?" Ragnarok whispered.
"Ragnarok I don't think I'm going to do anything."
"You big baby! Is it because of what Chrollo said about us being number 11? Gah you're so stupid. You really think Gon and Killua are gonna hold a grudge against us? So what we lied but it was to our advantage. They'll understand." The demon was close to hitting their partner but didn't want to cause attention. Crona took this to thought but didn't make a move.
Until they saw nothing but pitch black.

The lights went out.