24

They were all back in the hideout where Killua and Gon were restrained against a piece of stone that came from the rubble. 
Crona sat near the window like they used too before their first escape. They eyed the boys from a distance from everyone else so that they felt comfortable.
It didn't feel nice coming back because of the whole beat up, resulting in some sores in their body, but what happened happened.

“Does he really expect us to accept those conditions?”
Phinks crossed his arm, speaking in front of the other members.

Later there were sounds of heels getting closer. They all looked over at the entrance and watched as Pakunoda came into view.
“Tell us where he is,” Phinks demanded, getting impatient.
“I refuse to tell you where he is and I am taking the kids alone. Don’t interfere” Paku replied.
“Interfere? Who’s the one interfering with our plans?!”

Crona looked down at the group, getting ready to have a huge argument. They tightened their arms around their legs, nervous about another fight happening. 
Rambling from each side going back and forth made the meister tense.

“You don’t understand why Machi is stopping you?” Gon spoke up, objecting to what Feitan has said about them being under the Chain User’s control. “You honestly think they’re being controlled? They want to rescue your boss!”
This made Phinks irritated but Franklin interrupted, siding with Paku.

Crona sighed in relief, giving loose to their arms. They didn’t care anymore about them escaping. It always seemed like the same situation for them, so they thought that they should be used to it by now. They’re just glad the boys could be let go.

"Great. Back to square one huh?" Ragnarok spoke, appearing on Crona's head.
"You moron!" He spat, messing with their partner's face in anger.
"S-stop! I have a bruise there!" Crona winced quietly so that the other members below them wouldn't pay attention.
"Why didn't you use Scream Resonance? That would totally avoid us from this situation." The little demon huffed, releasing his grip from Crona's face.
"I didn't want to hurt Gon and Killua."
"They're strong kids, they could've withstand it. if they didn't, then you could've just dragged them outta there."

"You just don't think things through do you, Ragnarok?"
"Survival of the fittest, that's what I say. You clearly don't think that anymore, Crona."
.
.
Gon and Killua were freed from their chains and stood side by side with Pakunoda.
Crona softened their eyes, looking at the boys.
"Wish that was you huh?" Ragnarok giggled but Crona ignored him.
They had nothing in their head but wishing to thank the boys for the fun they had.
Even to ask them to thank the others as well.

"Crona."
Gon called, grabbing everyone's attention.
He left Paku's side and walked up to reach Crona.
"I'm sorry Gon."
"Why are you apologizing?"
The boy smiled and grabbed Crona's wrist.
He turned and walked down, dragging the confused meister with him.
"W-what?"
"You're a kid too, Crona. Plus we can't just leave you here. We went through all that trouble." Gon mumbled so that they could only hear.
"I-I'm going with you two?"
"Isn't that great?"

Crona's face was filled with disbelief but their eyes shined.
.
.
.
They were all walking together to a path that would lead them to a huge blimp. They were far but you could see it in the distance.

Gon and Killua were in front while Pakunoda and Crona were behind.

"Crona, you have a very nice home."
Pakunoda spoke, breaking the silence.
"What do you mean?"
"Your world. I took a peek at your past and it looked like you seemed happy with the group you had."
Crona nodded, remembering the time when Paku walked up to them and asked them if they were ok, but leaving with the information of Crona's past.

"Oh yes. I do miss them."
"How did you ever end up in a place like this?"
"I don't remember, but I have no idea how I will get back. I am sorry for all the trouble I have caused to the Troupe, Pakunoda."
"There is no need to apologize, Crona. You didn't deserve to go through more than you already have."

There was a bit of silence, but after a little walking, Crona decided to speak up first

"I'm sorry that I didn't get to talk to you often. It's hard for me to meet new people."
"I understand your reason, no worries. Especially in your situation, it must be hard."

Crona grew a small smile, knowing that Paku was actually really sweet and understanding.
It seemed that they were starting to get closer to their blimps, so Crona spoke up once more.

"Thank you Paku. I didn't realize you were kind. When you get back, can you thank Shalnark for me as well. No wait, actually thank everyone."
Pakunoda raised her eyebrows in confusion and shock.
"Really?"
"Yes. It's weird that I'm thanking everyone even though some want me dead, but in the end you guys are the ones who took me in. Better than surviving in the streets."
Paku blinked but nodded with a smile.
"Will do."
.
"Sorry to break this heartwarming conversation, but we got the clown at two o'clock."
Ragnarok interrupted, making everyone face behind them.

"Let me on board or I'll kill the three of them~"
The jester smiled, directing his threat through the phone he was holding.

"Hisoka! What are you doing here?"
Pakunoda shouted.
Crona frowned towards Hisoka, not wanting to do anything with him.

"What? I just want to fight the boss that's all~"
He shrugged.

"Fine."
Kurapika's voice spoke through the phone the magician was holding, making him smile even wider.

"You heard him~"

Paku huffed and turned around to lead the way again.
Crona walked a bit faster to keep the same pace as Gon and Killua.

Clearly wanting to get away from the creep.