{Chapter 4}

George slowly opened his eyes, letting out a big yawn. He squinted them open, trying to block out the brightness of the sun. He felt awful, his head was pounding and he felt like he was going to throw up.

He lifted his head slightly to look up at the door, it slowly opened and Dream walked in, holding a tray of food. It was a basic english breakfast and a glass of orange juice.

"Good morning Georgie." Dream smiled, starting at George's scruffy, bed hair and his sleepy face. Dream placed the tray on George's bed. "I made you breakfast, hangovers are the worst and well i know you've never had a hangover before so you must feel awful." Dream said, still smiling.

The kind gesture caused butterflies to go crazy in George's stomach. It made him realise how big of a heart Dream really had. He was so thoughtful.

"Thank you Dream. Didn't know you could cook." George let out a little chuckle but then quickly stopped, he curled into a ball, gripping tight onto his stomach.

"How are you feeling George?" Dream look concerned, he hated seeing George ill. He felt guilty, he shouldn't have left him alone and then he wouldn't have drank so much.

"Not good." George didn't have the energy to lie and say that he was feeling fine, he clearly wasn't. He had drank a lot more than just 3 cans, he just didn't remember the exact amount.

George rolled over to face away from Dream, still curled up in a ball holding his stomach.

"I'm going to put the food on the floor George.
Please try eat something soon." Dream placed the food down and started to walk out the room.

"Wait." George said. Dream turned around with a confused look on his face.

"Can you please stay with me?" George asked, still not facing Dream.

Dream smiled and started walking back over to the bed, he climbed in and laid down "Of course i can." Dream replied. They both drifted off into a deep sleep shortly after.

***

A few hours passed, it was probably early afternoon now. George woke up again, less tired this time and feeling a lot better. That was until his stomach dropped when he felt an arm wrapped around his stomach. His face burned and butterflies swarmed in his stomach.

He looked next to him to see Dream. His body was pressed against George's and his arm was wrapped around him. George knew that this could end up being an awkward conversation or situation if he didn't leave now whilst Dream was still sleeping, but he didn't care, he wanted to cherish this moment.

He lifted his hand and moved Dream's hair out of his face, he stared at him whilst he slept. He looked so peaceful. They were definitely more than just friends, and everyone knew it. It was just complicated.

It was at this moment George knew. He totally had feelings for his best friend and he wasn't even going to try deny it. He simply smiled and wrapped himself back into the covers, getting comfy and drifting back into a sleep, with his best friend laid right next to him.

***

Another hour or so passed, George woke up for the second time this day, except this time he woke up alone. He heard shuffling and footsteps coming from the kitchen, so he took a deep breath, preparing himself for a possible awkward tension, and walked out of the bedroom.

"Morning sleepy head." Dream chuckled, he was stood in the kitchen, getting himself a glass of water.

"Morning." George replied, heading towards the couch where he quickly dropped down and laid on the couch.

George could just about hear Dream talking in the other room. Who was he talking to? George sat up enough to make out what he was saying.

"Yeah. George flew in from England, he's staying for a while. Sapnap too." Dream explained.

"Who George? What no. I love you. What are you talking about." Those words made George's stomach drop.

He couldn't help but let a tear fall from his eye. Why was he so upset over this? Who did Dream just say 'I love you' to. It sure didn't sound like it was to a family member. Was Dream dating someone?

Shortly after Dream emerged from the other room and returned to the living room. George was laid on the couch, he felt numb.

"Sorry i took so long i was talking to someone." Dream explained.

George wanted to know who he was talking to. "It's okay, who were you taking to?" So he asked.

"Just my girlfriend." It was almost as if Dream struggled to form that into a sentence, the awkward tension in the room was uncomfortable.

"Oh cool. I didn't know you had a girlfriend." George replied, he couldn't really be mad at Dream, it wasn't his fault that he didn't feel the same about George as he did about Dream.

"Yeah, not many people do. We haven't been dating that long." Dream smiled.

They spoke for a while, mainly about Dream's girlfriend. George was fighting back tears the entire time, he knew his feelings for Dream and they were strong. It caused him so much pain knowing he has a girlfriend, knowing that the person George wanted so badly, didn't want him back.

They sat in silence for a while. George was pretending to watch the TV, occasionally letting out a forced giggle if anything funny happened, when in reality he was thinking. thinking about everything, he didn't know what to do, he felt awful, it was almost like he felt ill but he didn't. More just drained, lost.

***

{953 words}

This chapter is a bit shorter but hope your all enjoying. So dream has a girlfriend, poor George:(

Just saying for anyone who reads my fanfics, i have no mercy. I will kill off anyone and give sad endings if i feel like it fits, just so y'all don't expect anything too happy, it could end happy but who knows:D