Chapter 10- A surprise? For me?

Chapter 10

You know when you finally get to sleep after being awake all night from nightmares and you finally get the dreamless, nightmare-less sleep you asked for and then...your alarm goes off? Yeah, that was me the morning after the Ferris wheel incident. The whole night Jake was there, holding me as he slept but when I woke up I half expected to see him still sleeping but, he was gone.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around, trying to find the boy that had been with me the whole night. The boy who was the one who got me to go on that death-trap ferris wheel. I had to find him now and I knew he was here because there was a note on my dresser and I knew it was from him. It had to be.

Dear Scout,

Sorry I wasn't here to see you open your eyes. I'm sorry about last night and I love you.

Love,

Jake

p.s. Follow the arrows of your heart.

Follow the arrows of my heart...? What did that even mean? My eyes looked around the room and caught sight of a heart sticky note on my door and a smile tugged the corners of my mouth upwards. It said, OPEN. Of course, duh! I opened the door and sure enough there was atleast a dozen making their way down the hall, all pointing the same direction until it lead me to one room. It was our pool changing room that had a shower and a rack of towels then it lead outdoors. Hanging from the wall where my bathing suit used to be was a pair of black skinny jeans and a light blue tanktop that had a note pinned to it. Of course.

Dear Scout,

Hope you're having fun with my little...game? Haha just hope you aren't cussing me out. But wear this please? :D promise not to look while you change.

Love,

Jake.

p.s. Go to the place where I kissed you in kindergarten.

I laughed and then changed into the outfit that was preselected for me, along with my silver flats that I just found on the ground. I had almost forgot he kissed me way back then and then it hit me. He kissed me by the Soccer team's kissing booth because his brother Luke played soccer when he was a freshman and Jake's mom left us with the team after they agreed to watch us.

I went inside and grabbed my keys then ran out to my car with n excited expression on my face. I couldn't believe this...he always knew what made me happy and I loved things like this, waiting to get to the end but loving the surprises that where involved. Once I got into the fair I ran towards the kissing booth, getting strange looks from people who looked at me as if I was crazy. When I got there I was panting, looking at all of the guys who seemed amused by this! “Where....is....Jake?” I asked, sitting in a chair as coach handed me a bottle of water which I drank. But then I noticed the note on the side from none other than Jake. “What the hell is with this boy and notes?” I said, getting it off the bottle while the guys laughed and watched me intently. I unfolded the note and began to read...

Dear Scout,

A bottle of water at the kissing booth....you must've ran here, right? Yeah, I thought so Racer. So, I know you're tired so just ask the boys where you need to go.

Love,

Jake

p.s. Trust the boy you filled in for the day I hurt you.

I looked at them and they all started shouting out answers which I got to stop with a high-pitched scream which made them cover their ears. “Jeremy. You, talk. No one else. Got it?” I said and looked at the boy who cleared his throat.

“All he said was tell you...um... oh! To look to your left and go to the tallest building in town that way and go to the 2nd floor.” He said and I clutched my water in my hand as I ran for my car and then drove to the building. His dad's business office. I went to the second floor and went straight to his dad's office. “Hey Mr. Carson. Umm...wheres Jake?” I asked as I sat in one of the big, comfy chairs infront of his desk and he looked at me with a smile that he always wore when it came to me.

“Scout, I have no idea what this boy of mine is doing but theres this...” He said and handed me a little package which I opened, waiting to find what was inside but there was just a single note that read, TURN AROUND. I stood up and turned around and sure enough there he was, standing in the doorway smiling.

“Jake!” I said and ran towards him and he hugged me, lifting me slightly off the ground so only the tips of my flats reached the floor. “What was all this about? You could've just said come to your dad's business office.” I laughed as I kissed him lightly, remembering his father was here.

“Cause then I wouldn't have had enough time to prepare the surprise.” He said with a smile on his face as he looked at his dad who gave an approving nod before we left his office and where in the elevator. “I love you.” Jake said as he kissed me which led to us making out in the elevator after I 'accidentally' pushed the emergency stop button. After about 10 minutes we turned it back on and we where at the floor selected.

He held my hand and led me into the room which seemed extremely businesslike and then confetti was in my face and I heard people scream surprise which caused me to jump and cling to Jake and he let out a small laugh. “Next weekend is your birthday and I know you always go somewhere so I wanted to do this for you.” He told me which made me smile like a girl who just got a something she always wanted . “Jake, I love you! This amazing!” I said and before I knew it I was ripped from his arms and was in a ton of others. No doubt about it, there where the guys from the soccer team with stupid grins on their faces as they each hugged me. Even Damen and Trey.

“Thats why you had to go to dad's office. So these guys could get in without you seeing.” Jake said, pulling me back towards his side. “But, then again who would want these guys around?” He laughed and a chorus of 'Hey!' was from the group.

I shook my head and then Jake led me around so I could see everything and it was ah-maze-ing! There was a DJ, a Dance floor, a bar, everything! I had never had a birthday party since 4th grade because we always went to our beach house though no one ever knew. Not even Jake but mom finally said he could come and boy, oh, boy was I excited! There was nothing that could've ruined that day. Nothing.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

A/N: Sorry it has been so long! I've been super, super busy but I finally uploaded! Yeahh!

Starting a new story soon, I'll let all my fans know when I've started it. You guys are great and I absolutely love all the support!!

VOMMENT!