De void

Scott, Maddie and Kira arrived at the loft hearing gunfire

Scott, Maddie and Kira arrived at the loft hearing gunfire. When they ran into the left the Oni are gone and so is Stiles.

"Derek!" Maddie said as she saw that one of the Oni managed to slice into his shoulder and back

Maddie helped him up from the ground as she said, "What happened?"

"They disappeared. They literally just vanished." Allison said

"And so did Stiles." Sheriff Stilinski said

. . . . . .

Later at the loft Derek was playing with the chess pieces whilst Maddie was sitting on the chair and Peter approached them

Peter looked at the chess board and said, "What are you doing? And more importantly, why aren't you healing?"

"It's from one of their swords. It'll heal." Derek said

Maddie and Peter shared a look as Maddie said, "By playing chess apparently."

"Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces. If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays." Derek said

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules." Peter said

Derek looked up at Peter and said, "What does that mean?"

"You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules. It's a fox spirit that chose to become human. And supposedly, that's something they can do only after about 100 years. If a kitsune is an annoying pain in the ass, then a Nogitsune, which is a dark kitsune, is a freaking disaster. Besides, chess is Stiles's game. It's not the game of a Japanese fox." Peter said, he then nodded to Derek's wound, "Do yourself a favour and put something on that. Before it gets infected."

Maddie tried to stand up from the chair but decided to sit back down when her head went fuzzy.

"You okay?" Derek asked

Maddie nodded and said, "I talked to Noshiko, she said when she killed the Nogitsune there was a were-phoenix with her named Amaya, she didn't hold out long enough and she died seconds before they killed it."