[ 🅣︎🅦︎🅞︎ ]

ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎

ఌ︎ఌ︎ఌ︎

/Flashback\

"Haye mein marjawan!" She flipped her long braided black hair behind, sitting back on the bed, holding her head in between her hands. "Iss budhay se shaadi karwaein ge abba jaan meri?"

She pointed at the picture thrown beside her, with a man sitting with a rifle, his long mustache making him look scarier. He was her dad's age for God's sake, what was wrong with her abba? She knew he cared about his image as the part of their village's leaders, but that didn't mean he'd marry her off to one of his associates. She also knew he never really loved her as a daughter, the only reason she was living with respect at home was because she was a literate teacher for the village's children. If she were a son to him, she would've been kept on a takht posh by all of them. Just like her nikamma brother was.

Throwing all those thoughts away as always, she looked back at her mother. "Ammi jaan! Apko tou pata hai na mujhe aage parhna hai. Mujhe itni achi scholarship ki offer bhi mili hai, abba ko bolein na mujhe Lahore jaane dein." She said in a complaining tone, although she knew there was nothing much her mother could do except for begging her father and then getting ignored as usual.

Her mother was busy in taking out her jewellery as she gave her daughter a soft but defeated look and quietly walked out of the room, with a determined heart to do something for her daughter this time, instead of staying helpless.

Sighing, Hoor hugged her knees near her chest as the door opened with a loud thud revealing her good-for-nothing brother, Adrish.

"Tameez tou hai hi nahi iss gadhe mai!" Hoor threw daggers his way as he jumped on the bed, his eyes on the picture.

"Aik urti urti khabar mili hai mujhe." He raised his brows, while extending his upper body to grab the photo. "Tajammul chacha se tumhari shaadi ki." And he snorted holding onto the photo and examining it. "Pata nahi abba ko kia sooji, but jodi buri nahi hai. Set kar dein ge tumhe."

Hoor's rage rose upto it's peak as she could feel her nose and ears flaring up at his chill remarks. Snatching the photo from his hand, she tore it and crippling the pieces, threw it at his face. "Arey, Abba tou Tabassum taya se bhi baat karne wale the. Tumhe tou shukar karna chahiye wo nahi maane."

"Mein tumhara moun tor dungi agar aik aur lafz nikala tumne apni napaak zubaan se, Adi!" She pointed her forefinger directly infront of his face, with a warning look.

"Masla kia hai tumhara! Achi baat hai tumhari shaadi karwa rahe hain, meri jaan choote gi iss moun phat se!" He rolled on the bed, placing his hands under his head.