𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

FAMILY

✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

After the disastrous reunion, Stefan Salvatore finally chose his happiness. Not his brother's, Elena's nor anyone else's. His. Stefan Salvatore changed his number and him and his girlfriend moved away. To New York specifically. She had come clean with Stefan about Hope. He understood why she didn't tell him. Yet, Stefan loved Hope all the same. He even gave her his late name. Hope Stella Mikaelson became Hope Stella Salvatore Carter. And they were a happy little family. A little after Hope turned one, Stella found out she was pregnant and she couldn't wait to tell Stefan.

After moving to New York, the vampire and the witch opened a small café slash bookstore. It was a nice and cozy. Most clients were college students. It was always busy and full. That night, Derek had offered to take Hope and bring her back later. Derek didn't even know she was pregnant. Stella had cook a nice dinner. Stefan was working until later. When he walked in the smell of pasta instantly hit him. "Mmh. Smells delicious" he spoke as he walked in, leaving the keys in the desk by the door, and hanging his jacket on the little hanger. "Hey" she greeted before she kissed him. "How was work?" she asked. "Busy as always" he replied. "Wine?" she asked as she showed him his favorite wine. He nodded happily.

Stefan felt happy. For once he had chosen a life for himself. He wasn't worried about what was happening in Mystic Falls. He thought he would be constantly worried about his brother or friends but he rarely even thought about them. He was really good friends with Derek, he got along with his employees, and he had a perfect relationship with Stella. There was nothing else he wanted more in life. Well, maybe a baby or two. He loved Hope, of course he did. But he knew Klaus would one day come back for his daughter and take her away. And he knew it would crush Stella. So, perhaps a kid or two of their own.

The couple and ate and talked. It was easy to make conversation with each other. They could talk about anything and everything and talk for hours to no end. After they cleaned up, Stella stood by the kitchen counter, thinking. What if he had changed his mind and didn't want kids? Or what if he didn't want to be with her? "Babe , do you want to watch-" Stefan stopped when he noticed she wasn't listening. "Stella? Babe? Elle?" he called her trying to catch her attention. After a few seconds she finally reacted. "I'm sorry, what was that, Stef?" she asked. He looked worried. "You okay, babe?" he asked and she nodded. "I was just thinking about something" she replied. Stefan tried to study her. Trying to figure out what was happening.

"Okay. What's happening? Did something happened?" he asked worriedly. She smiled and shook her head no. "No. I was just thinking. Do you ever want to have kids?" she finally asked. Stefan smiled. "With you? I would like to have a few" he replied with smile. "Well, start preparing yourself because the first one is on the way" she replied with a smile. Stefan didn't catch it at first. "Oh your pregnant" he simply said. Stella gave him an amused look because the news just flew passed it. "Wait! Your pregnant?!" he asked excitedly and she nodded happily. "We're having a baby!" he yelled as he lifted her up and spun her sprung before putting her down and kissing her.

"I

"I. LOVE. YOU" he said in between kisses. "I love you to, Stefan Salvatore" she replied before kissing him once again.

Derek returned with Hope

Derek returned with Hope. He was greeted by a happy Stefan. He took Hope from him and thanked him. Derek let himself in and looked for his best friend. Derek found his friend on the couch. When she turned to face him he had a confused look. "What is going on with him?" he asked. Stella got up and walked over to Derek. "Listen" she told him and he did. For a second he could hear everything happening outside, but he slowly focused more on what was happening inside, he heard heartbeats, at first it was Stefan and Hope's. Then he looked at Stella and heard hers but as he stopped to look at her he heard a fourth one and it wasn't his. "You're having a baby?!" Derek asked happily and she nodded. The best friend engulfed her in a hug. "I'm so happy for you, Ella. You deserve this" he smirked at her. "We will never work" he mocked her. Remembering when she said Stefan and her would never work. "In the end, we ended up being the perfect pair" Stefan came back and hugged her.

 "In the end, we ended up being the perfect pair" Stefan came back and hugged her

"I love you" he whispered. "I love you too, Stef. Always" she replied before kissing him.

 Always" she replied before kissing him