ᐅ 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞.

The simple interaction with Kuroo left Y/N in a complete daze.

The top of her head will still warm up like his hand is already imprinted on it, and he can't help but think about it even during class.

There were times, like a lot, where she will be called out by their teacher in the middle of a discussion for not listening in class.

She knew she should get her act together, and stop being overly joyed at the little gesture.

Senpai just gave me the chopsticks... no big deal. Our hands almost touched but who cares? Right?

She do care.

It was the chance she was looking for to talk to him once again after her confession in middle school. She just wants to know if he can still remember her. If he still have the letter, or if he even read it.

He probably threw it away.

Y/N sighed as she closed her shoe locker, stepping out of the school building with her outdoor shoes.

Instead of heading to the front gate to go home, and finish the game she's been playing. She made a turn to the school backyard that passed the volleyball gym to visit her little friend.

After the incident at the opening ceremony, the school decided to adopt the cat she brought along with her since the faculty members are too busy to take care of a cat and it'll be good for the school's image if they'll adopt a stray animal to boost their students' morale.

Students were allowed to visit the kitten with a few rules to make sure that it will not be stressed out or harmed. Of course, Y/N is always visiting the kitten every morning, lunch, and dismissal time.

Meow~

The cat's head pop out of its house, that the school funded to make specially for the kitten, to greet Y/N who crouched down to pet it.

"Shiro~ I got you some dinner."

The caretaker has been giving Shiro enough food, but she still make sure to give him the snacks he deserves.

Since she's the one who brought the cat in the campus, she was given the privilege to give it a name and it's clear that Shiro likes it because he'll always nuzzle on her leg whenever she's calling him out.

Pouring the warm milk on its bowl, and cat food on the other, she smiled by just watching the his black fur turn white around its lips as Shiro drink the milk that she didn't notice that someone is already sitting beside her.

"Oooh that's cute."

"Yeah. He's really cu... te..."

Her eyes almost doubled in size before turning to the sweaty person who is crouching down beside her while watching Shiro eat with his chin resting on his palm.

The sweat on his forehead and arms glisten from the sun setting due to long hours of practice.

The collar of his shirt is also drenched in sweat. Regardless, he still doesn't smell sweaty at all. And that's enough to get her heart pounding again.

"I didn't know that it's a he. I thought it was a girl when he meow at the ceremony."

Averting his gaze from the now stretching kitten, his hazel eyes found hers with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Do you visit him often?"

She opened her lips but no words came out so she tried once again, turning her attention to Shiro.

"Y-yeah."

"Then... can I visit him too?"

Y/N only nodded as a response this time.

She's trying her best to give her full attention on the purring kitten when a large hand blocked her view.

Kuroo held his hand out for what seems like a handshake, but she can only stare at his palm then back to his smiling face.

"I'm Kuroo Tetsurou, 2nd year. And you are?"

A part of her is sad that he can't remember her name, but the other half is also thankful for another chance of meeting him.

"My name is Y/ㅡ"

Y/N slowly held her hand out for a handshake when someone called out Kuroo's name from afar, that they're hands weren't able to meet when he turned to where the voice is coming from.

"Oops. My team is already looking for me. See you around, Ms. Shiro."

Kuroo waved at her before running off back to the gym where he was scolded by another sophomore for being late.

Miss Shiro?

Y/N turned to Shiro who was also looking at where Kuroo disappeared to, wondering why his name was called.

She chuckled at the cat's confused face as it turn to her.

"I think I'm Ms Shiro for now."

◎◎◎◎◎