ᐅ 𝐌𝐞𝐨𝐰 ~

"The opening ceremony will start in 10 minutes."

The students started filling in the stadium after the announcement as another school year starts.

Most of the students came in in groups, greeting each other when they meet up with friends whether they are still on the same section or not.

Everyone seems to know everyone.

Even the new batch of freshmen who luckily met up with some familiar faces from their former schools.

It made her feel uncomfortable being in a crowd where she doesn't know anyone. Or the crowd itself.

The person she's looking forward to attending this school of their choice is still nowhere in sight. It made her feel anxious and her heart started to pound against her chest loudly like she just ran a marathon.

I wanna go home.

She prefer to just stay at home and lock herself in her room rather than being suffocated in a crowd.

It's always been like this ever since. She doesn't even know how she got to confess to someone if she can't even handle standing in a sea of people.

Meow~

Her train of panic thoughts were interrupted by the small sound that came from the front pocket of her school blazer.

Her gaze wander around to see if anyone heard it. Heaving a deep sigh when she confirmed that no one is actually searching for that sound.

Her E/C eyes peeked inside the pocket to see her small black furry friend looking up to her with its yellow eyes.

With a smile forming on her lips, she gestured for the kitten to stay quiet since it's really not allowed in school to bring their pets.

It is not her pet at all but she can't just leave a poor kitten on a sidewalk on its own. As long as they are not caught, everything will be okay.

"Good morning, students. As the new school year starts, I want to welcome you all to Nekoma High School..."

Everyone's attention shifted to the stadium in front of them where a middle aged man greeted the students.

Her gaze are focused on the stage since it is better than meeting anyone's eyes or the the anxiety that she's being watched ever since she stepped in the stadium.

The principal gave a short speech before the student council took over to introduce its members as well as the clubs that they can join.

Y/N wasn't really interested in joining any club.

She prefer to just go home after school and play some video games after doing her homework.

The club representatives, with yhe support of their members, did their best with introducing their club in hopes of recruiting new members.

Nothing really piqued her interest anyway that's why her mind drifted on how she can convince her parents to let the kitten in her pocket stay with them, with her mom being allergic to cats.

I need to buy some cat supplies after school. Should I buy a collar already?

Her mind is in a war on what color she should pick for a collar for the kitten even though she doesn't have the approval from her parents yet when the next club stepped in the stage.

It was as if time stopped and the only sound she can hear is her own breath like it was the first time for her to gasp for air, and the familiar pounding in her chest.

The heavy footsteps on the stage before them seems to die down in just a pair of steps.

The familiar feeling all came back to her as her eyes watch the familiar raven head that always stick on all places, like he just got off of bed.

His cat like eyes reminds her of the small cat in her pocket when they turned to face the students.

He stand tall in line with the other students who was introduced by their captain as the volleyball team.

He's here...

"Kuroo... senpai..."

The sound of his name with her own voice caused the heat to rush up her cheeks as his eyes wander the sea of students looking at them.

It might be impossible but she's hoping for their eyes to meet again even just for a while.

He will never notice someone like mㅡ

Meow~

Y/N immediately look down at the kitten whose head is already peaking out of her blazer's pocket, and gestured for it to stay silent.

Meow~

"Ssh~ j-just keep it down. We'll get you milk lateㅡ"

"Ehem!"

Startled by the sudden fake coughing sound coming from the principal, she lifted her head to see that everyone is looking at her direction that caused for her face to heat up.

Not just from unwanted attention she's getting right now but the tall raven haired sophomore is also looking her way before it turned his back and laughed like a hyena, along with the shorter second year beside him.

"First year, see me at my office after the ceremony."

"Y-yes, sir..."

Goodbye, my peaceful highschool life.

◎◎◎◎◎