Chapter 4:

Black's house wasn't just a house. It was f*** mini-mansion. The outdoor garden grazed entirely in fresh meadow. Corners planted by pine trees. D borders occupied by tiny rosy bushes, in which multiple colored buds had borne. Inside d house, place resembled a pseudo architecture of mini palace. The golden curtains hung loosely to window panels. A silver swamp of half-dozen ducks intricate in a chandelier hovered in d centre of d ceiling. Uniquely, there were no book shelves or fire mantle in d hall. Instead, architectural portraits captured beauty of porcelain brown oil paint walls. A set of leather sofa along with LCD had put in d centre of drawing hall. Straight to it, a door was open. It was Kitchen. "Finally.... How nice to c u, Taani Hathway and Harshad Cross" An older woman, in her middle 80's came out of kitchen with a tray of cookies. Her knee-covered patchy green skirt matched her bunny slippers. Her whitish-brown hairs pulled back into a bun. Her skin crimson pale as of her grand children, no crinkles formed. Her mold mud colored eyes peered, us in interest. Her warmness was so real, it awed me. Her whole energy lit up seeing us.... "Oh...... This is my granny, Mrs. Nancy Black" Sharon crossly hugged her. "U look sexy, Nancy darling" Harshad winked, brushing his lips on her delicate palm. "Awe.... I like u, boy" She thoughtfully patted his shoulder, winking back. Sharon raised an eyebrow at me 'What's-with-him?" look. I just grinned. It's just 'Harshad-Style'. Nancy hugged him and then me, exaggerating about how good my dad and brother are. Obviously, d little meet with them had impressed her, I guess.

"Well, where's Wahi?" I asked loudly, ducking crispy cookies in d hot chocolate prepared by Granny. Sharon threw me a questioning look. I shrugged. I was just curious about his absence, since he lived in d same place. "Look, who's asking about me?" At exact time, Wahi trotted towards us, hands in his pocket. He looked fresh and clean in a tunic upon red polo-shirt, pair of black leather pants and black boots. I flushed inwardly for checking him out. Oh don't blame me. I'm yet an inexperienced teenager. Attraction is obvious. He seated beside granny. "Are you going somewhere?" Granny thinned her lips. "If I'm not wrong, he got a date tonight" Sharon smirked at him, giving me a sympathetic look. Ok, saying I was least affected by it makes me a liar. I really didn't like d idea of him on a date with another girl. I just don't know why, but I was annoyed. Maybe it's because I thought his special attention towards me would vanish. Call me selfish or whatever, I'm honest. He was least embarrassed. He watched me, silently reading my expressions. I didn't give him any hint. Instead, I smiled like 'Oh-that's-good' look. "Dude, u r lucky" Harshad threw up his hands. "Well then, u should be get going, now. And be home early" Granny told him. "Sure grams" He kissed her on d cheek. "C u guys, especially u kitten." He waved, smirking at my flushed face. He was doing it on purpose. And I was falling for his bait. Nice.

While our chat-up, Sharon and Harshad disappeared into lobby, leaving me alone with granny. I was feeling awkward, sitting alone with a fruitful aged woman and no conversation. As if reading my boredom, granny asked "Would u like to c d house? I can show u" That lit me up "Sure".

What I just saw in drawing room was nothing compared to this. Walls on attic were decorated by murals. "Wow........ It's amazing" I squealed, unnerved by d beauty of those paintings. "Everything is painted by Wahi" Granny sounded proud. "Really....." It wasn't a question. I was literally astounded by his interest in art. As we passed on, a large golden door appeared. Suddenly, Granny stopped. Instant tears stuck inside her eyes. I was taken aback. Little too younger to console her, I asked "Are u ok, granny?" "Oh, sorry....." She wiped her eyes to d hem of her gown. "It's just that......... forget it" She peered d door like she wanted to bust inside and relieve something close to her. I thought to ask, what was this about? But she turned and paced next hall. Afraid I might get lost, I tilted to follow her. But something caught me. The scribbling of words on d giant golden door! I swear my heart thwacked in fearsome. I froze.