Part 12

The smell of meat floated through the air. You put down your book and heaved yourself out of your comfy chair. You made your way down the ancient stairs to the kitchen where your husband was cooking.

You peaked around the door frame and there he was, standing tall and handsome with his back to you. He was making lunch, after finally giving in to the boys begging. His hands moved gracefully across the counter, picking ingredients, chopping this and that. You tiptoed up to him and put your arms around his waist. He turned his head to look at you. A smile was on his face.

"Shoulder. Chin." you bossed him. He chuckled and stooped his shoulders and bended his knees so you could rest your chin on his shoulder.

"Where are those three misfits? If they wanted this for lunch, the least they could do is help." he said, slicing through a tomato.

You ducked under his arm and popped up in front of him. Putting your hands on his neck you kissed his jaw.

"You've got me haven't you?" you flirted. He ignored you and went back to chopping up ingredients. You pouted and nestled your head in his chest. Arms snuck around your waist while the rhythmic sound of the knife came to a sudden stop. You lifted your head up and lips came crashing down.
You melted into him as his arms wrapped around tighter and your body was wedged in between the counter and his body. You moaned when he bit down on your ear.

"Honey, stop. We're in the kitchen!" you hissed, biting back a moan. He stopped.

"So?"

"What if one of them walks in?"

"And?" he played with a curl of your hair, twirling it in his fingers. You smacked his hand lightly.

"They're children! They're not old enough and we'll be bombarded with questions and I don't want to have to tell them about how people fuck yet!" you hissed, exasperated at him.

"Oh, come on! They're going to find out one day and anyway, you could hear them coming from a mile away." He said and returned to trailing kisses down from your neck to shoulder.

You snuck your hands into his hair pulled lightly as he went back to kissing you.

The sound of loud knocking rang out through the house, catching him mid moan.

"What the fuck?" he growled. You kissed him lightly before ducking under his arm.

"It's probably Teddy playing around. I'll go check." you said before skipping away happily, leaving him behind still sexually frustrated.

You made your way to the corridor where you saw all three of your boys huddled around the open front door. They seemed to be talking amongst each other. Adrien and Lucius seemed to be bickering with each other again. The back of Theodore's head went back and forth, watching his triplets argue.

Suddenly Adrien tilted his head back and roared:

"MOM! THERE'S SOME WEIRD PEOPLE AT THE DOOR FOR YOU!"

Lucius hissed at his brother. "I told you to go get her, not bellow!"

You put your hands on your hips. A shiver ran down your back. People? At the door? The father wasn't going to like this. "Adrien, don't shout. What are you all doing here? Your father's been calling for you. If you want beef stroganov the least you could do is help him."

You quickly hurried to the door.

"Off you go. You'll get a hiding from Dad if he finds out you opened the door."

They walked backwards to let you through. Passing him you caught the eye of your boy, Theodore, your Teddy. He looked at you worriedly with his blue green eyes. You patted his head and opened the door a little wider. You froze.

Bright ocean blue eyes met yours. Eyes that were familiar, that were branded in your memory.

You looked away from Charles, your heart thumping in your ears. You couldn't look at him, he looked terrible. The next face you saw was Hank. His blue eyes were wide and shocked, filled with tears as he stared at you. It wrenched your heart to see him.

A boy next to him with silver hair waved at you with a big smile on his face. You gave him a little smile and looked at the big man next to Charles,  careful as to not look at Charles.

The tall man was staring at you with recognition and sadness but you didn't recognize him. His lips moved but at the same time Charles spoke. The word the man mouthed was the same as what Charles said.

"Kate."

==========

Word count - 798
Today two parts as a consolation for the suspense.

Love you! (hope you love me too 😜)

C. Riverbend