CHAPTER 1

Ivanov Eve Turgenev's Point Of View (P.O.V)

~...•••°°°•••...~
Monday 1 January 2024
~°°°•••...•••°°°~

I look at the clothes in front of me and sigh softly. They are covered in paint from yesterday. I love new year's but I also don't like the day after the new years cause that is when I suffer.

I had went with my friends to have fun and I came back covered in paint and drunk. And I only came back because my blood sugar levels dropped drastically. It was good that Atlas alerted me before I got in a worse condition.

I walk downstairs after putting the clothes in warm water. I didn't want to go down knowing if I get caught alone with the parents they would punish me.

I quickly eat a piece of toast and try walking out but I am stopped by a hand coming down on my back. I had fear coursing through my veins. I pushed Atlas in the pantry and closed the doors.

I heard him whine a little but he didn't bark. I slowly turned around and kept my eyes on the floor at all times.

My eyes landed on metal toed boots and I felt like crying. Those hurt really bad.

"Where were you last night?" My father asked and I felt myself starting to sweat. I could feel a panic attack coming. And that was the reason I couldn't talk properly.

"I..I.. I wa..was wi..th m..my f..f..fr..fri..ends." I said while badly stuttering.

I don't stutter usually but when I am anxious or afraid I stutter badly. I was born with a stutter and now I only stutter when I am extremely nervous or afraid.

"Worthless. Talk like an alpha should. You are not even powerful like an alpha. You were born a king but look at you. You are leading one of the smallest sectors. Fucking pathetic. You don't even have a wolf." He yelled and then shoved me against the wall and I fell to the ground.

His boot came in connect with my knee and I tried my best to not scream out in pain. I had tears gather in my eyes. It hurt. But the verbal abuse hurt even more.

"We should've just killed you when we found out you had no wolf. But now we can't because the north knows you are the true king. I don't know why they even respect you." He yelled and I layed in pain after he finished his daily beatings.

I stand up and open the pantry door allowing Atlas out. I get back down and Atlas sits on my thighs doing dpt. My hands unconsciously start itching at my neck and Atlas stops me from doing it cause I was hurting myself.

I sat there for awhile with tears flowing down my face. I wish I could move out. But my parents don't allow it. All my siblings have moved out but they don't allow me because of how unworthy I am. They keep me in their house so they can show me where I belong.

I am their second son and the king of the pack. But I am treated like some prisoner, even prisoners are treated better and not hit like i am. It is not my fault I was born a king without a wolf. It is not my problem that I am not strong and my health is not the best. It is not my fault I got the position and not my older brother.

They hurt me and nobody knows. They all love me and respect me but they don't know how I am treated by my own parents. Atlas gets up from me after I calm down and then we go out and to work. I go to my office and start working.