𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

My ears catch the same loud sound from before, making me dive my body sideways trying to pinpoint where it's coming from and what is it.

"If you're wondering about the noise, it's just the creation room."

"Creation room?."

"Yes, creation room, where sparklings are made."

I blink in surprise at this. Wasn't expecting something like that at all.

"A sparkling is what you humans call a baby, or toddler. It all depends on the time of manufacturing."

I widen my eyes at Ironhides words. So Cybertronians can also have, well more like, make children, in a factory?.

No, definitely wasn't expecting this.

"Let me guess, you're curious and want to see?."

I smirk at him, this being the only affirmation the medic needs. He lets me hop into his hand and we walk over to the door, the situation with my arm already forgotten.

A sigh and scoff are heard from behind us, the bot being slightly irritated by the new destination.

Ratchet walks down a hall and turns to a door on the right, opening it as a medium size robot walks out, this one carrying something in its arms. I can tell it's a female by the soft 'sorry' that escapes her mouth.

We go in deeper and Ratchet lets me hop on the ground by lowering his hand. I do so and curiously look back at the weapons specialist, a not so content look on his face.

"What is with you?."

He scoffs and shakes his head, eyeing the place warily.

"The mech doesn't like sparklings. As if he was never one."

The medics voice replied to me, a smirk hidden among his hard face. The other one grumbling and mumbling, he walks out leaving us alone in the creation room.

"He's a hard ass, isn't he?."

"You don't even know. His egos busted and full of pride, I guess that's what the title of 'Weapon Specialist' can do to you."

I snort in amusement. So Ironhide is a pain in the ass, got it.

We walk over to a small room, the bot opening the door for me to enter first, closing it behind him.

"This is what humans call... a nursery. Once the sparklings are built and examined for any faulty wires, they're placed in here to be watched and taken care over. And they along with us, wait for the moment for a femme, mech, or a couple even; to come and claim one."

"Claim them, how do they do that? Do they just select one?."

He shrugs his shoulders while walking forwards. A lot of tiny cribs—that are leveled to the floor, miraculously—are occupied by tiny robots no bigger the size of a Chihuahua, they basically look like Wheelie, only that these sparklings have blue eyes.

"No, the sparkling selects the carrier and sire. One can come in right now and if none of all the little ones show interest, then they leave, waiting for more sparklings to be built. But, if one of them gets all worked up, then that's the sign."

I nod and look at all the cribs, some little critters are laying down, eyes open, some eyes closed; while others are just simply in their little world. My heart clenches at the sight, a small 'aw' exiting my lips. Some of them look at me and just immediately go back to their business. I've honestly never been a fan of children, but maybe I'll make a spot for these robotic little creatures.