Friendly Enemies - Roger Davies

This gala is getting boring by the minute

This gala is getting boring by the minute. Muggles definitely don't know how to throw a party. My gown is not helping, the heat is growing intense, and this heels will for sure kill my feet later.

I take a sip from my glass of wine, pacing around the room, filled with muggles, appreciating the divine art scattered around the hall.

My eyes suddenly meet his across the room as he aggressively enters, startling everyone. I raise the glass to my lips once more. A devilish smirk appears on his lips, his eyes are holding a mischievous glint towards me. I softly wave my hand, seductively shaking my fingers, edging him on.

Within seconds he whips a gun out, I almost gasp with surprise but I don't let my expression break. I won't give him the satisfaction. So we're playing with big boy toys now, noted.

I'm not scared, not even when the whole room erupts into chaos and screams. He suddenly starts to run towards me, shoving everyone out of his way, desperately trying to reach me. I smile teasingly at him, slowly turning around and running away from him despite the high heels. So the chase begins.

When I almost get to the end of the huge garden outside the mansion I hear two gunshots and suddenly stop, panic filling me inside.

- Now, that caught your attention, didn't it, darling? - he says grabbing my shoulders from behind.

He tilts his head to the side, his expression mocking me. Getting in front of me he forces me to kneel before him. The dark brown eyes gleaming with delight as he sees my weakened position, his gun now firmly pointed to my forehead.

- Don't do this! - I tell him, trying to catch my breath as the pain from my feet intensely increases.

- Beg. - he whispers and my eyes widen - You heard me, beg for it! - he says grinning.

He is hella wrong if he thinks I'm begging for his stupid mercy. My hand slowly crawls beneath my dress as our eyes remain locked. When my fingers reach the dagger hidden in my thigh strap, Oliver Wood appears in my line of sight and I smile at him.

Davies gets distracted looking at who's behind him and lowers his gun, giving me the opportunity to snatch it out of his hand and throw it far away from us. He was furious but still surprised at my actions.

Wood takes his wand out and starts to hex the fuck out Davies leaving him unconscious. Upon that sight I grab my dagger and in one quick movement I shove him against the garden's fence, snatching his wand.

I press the dagger against Wood's throat but he doesn't even flinch. Instead, a grin spreads across his face.

- You smiled at me. - he casually says, as if the dagger wasn't there at all.

- I did. - I say absentmindedly.

He tilts his head to the side, briefly glancing down at the dagger before meeting my eyes once more.

- The very first time you smile at me is when we happen to be killing the same man? - I shrug at his teasing.

- Do you have a problem with that? - I say trying to hide my smile, raising my eyebrows instead.

- No. - he murmurs leaning close to me, despite the threat of the knife, his lips are now close to my ear - Not at all.

Davies gains consciousness and moans in pain, making me realize his current state. I quickly shove Wood away, aggressively throwing his wand back at him.

- Get back inside! Or just leave Wood, I'm not giving you a second chance. - I say coldly - And make sure to remember that Davies is MY enemy. Besides, I'm not a damsel in distress for you to save. - I glance at him, noticing his angry expression but he doesn't talk back, quickly apparating away.

- You're getting soft. - Davies grins at me.

- If you say that one more time, I swear to Merlin, I'll beat the shit out of you Davies! - I say glaring at him as he tries to get himself up.

- I don't doubt it. - he says raising his eyebrows.

He pauses for a moment before continuing.

- But I'd rather you slam me against a wall and put that dagger to my throat. - he mocks my action with Wood.

- I'm sure you would. - I say, the corners of my mouth curving upwards - Remind me to do that sometime then.

- I certainly will Y/L/N. - he says before apparating away, leaving me alone in the garden.

Well that was an unexpectedly interesting night. Davies' surprise attacks never fail to amaze me.