~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing in my ear, I rolled over grabbing my phone and turning it off. I got up out of bed and got changed into the light blue top and black ripped jeans I had left out yesterday. once I had fixed my hair and did some light makeup, I made the bed and made sure I had everything in my case. I looked at the time on my phone and it read 7:45. I decided it was probably time to wake Lando up as we had to be at the airport for 9:30.

I walked down the hall and knocked on Lando's bedroom door. There was no reply so I knocked again a little older this time, still no answer. I slowly pushed open the door and walked in to find Lando still sleeping. I walked over to his bed. He was curled up under the covers, he looked so peaceful. I wonder what it would feel like to be wrapped up in his arms. I thought to myself as a watched him sleep. I walked over to his window and opened the curtains to let the light in. The beam of light hit his face and I watched as he quickly pulled the covers over his face to block the light. Was he awake the whole time, did he know I was watching him. "Good morning," Lando said interrupting my thoughts as he poked his head out from underneath the covers. "Morning" I replied as I watched Lando get out of bed.

"Your staring," Lando said and let out a small laugh. I didn't even notice I was staring it's just he looked so good with the sunlight hitting his face and the fact he was shirtless didn't make it any better. "Helloo, Kelsey are you in there," Lando said as he walked towards me. I was brought out from my daydream for a second time when I felt Lando hitting my shoulder with his. "umm, yeah sorry" I said and turned to watch Lando pull on a jumper "I just came to let you know that we need to leave in about 20 minutes" I added. "Okay that fine I will be ready in 5 then we can phone a taxi and head to the airport" Lando replied as a yawn left his mouth and with that I left his room and made my way bag down the hall to grab my suitcase.

After dragging my case down the stairs and leaving it at the front door I sat on the couch waiting for Lando to come down. I felt two hands grab my shoulders, I turned around to be met with the face of Lando "Are you ready to go?" Lando asked. I nodded and got up from the couch, " I already phoned the taxi, so it should be here any minute now" he added.

When the taxi arrived Lando lifted the two suitcases into the boot as he refused to let me help him. We both got into the back of the taxi and began our journey to the airport. We both sat on our phones for most of the journey occasionally looking out the window but we were both still half asleep so the whole ride was pretty much silent.

We arrived at the airport at 9:10  just in time to meet up with the rest of the team and board the flight. Since we were travelling with the team airport security wouldn't take that long meaning we didn't need to arrive a couple of hours before the flight which was amazing. Me and Lando paid the taxi driver and got our cases out of the boot. We wheeled our cases to the front entrance of the airport. "Hey everyone!" Lando announced as he walked through the door, everyone turned to look at us, well mostly me. I didn't mind being around large groups of people but when they are all staring directly at you and you couldn't read their facial expressions due to masks it was very intimidating.

After a couple of seconds of everyone staring at me, three girls came running towards me and pulled me into a hug. "Thank god another girl!" The small brown-haired girl exclaimed as they all released me from the hug.  "I'm Helen," The brown-haired girl said and turned to look at the smaller blonde girl "I'm Charlotte, its nice to meet you" she introduced which left the taller blonde girl "and I'm Lucinda, but you can call me Lucy," She said. They all turned to look at me again waiting for me to introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Kelsey it's nice to meet you, I was really hoping there was going to be some other girls because I could not have spent another weekend filled with boys I do that every weekend," I explained. After I said that last sentence I realised how it sounded. "I didn't mean it like that I don't just sleep around, no, I mean I have a brother and his friends come over every weekend to watch the racing" I rambled.  "And what age is your brother?" Helen asked "because if he is related to you he must have some good genes" Helen added. "I should have probably said, younger brother. He's seventeen." I laughed and the girls joined in. We continued talking for another couple of minutes just about what usually happens at race weekends and what jobs they do.

"I see you four are all getting on," Lando said standing beside me and placing his hand on my lower back. All the girls looked at me and smiled looking down at Lando's hand. "Everyone's here so we can board the plane now" Lando explained. "Alright okay. I'm coming" I said looking up at him. "No, no it's fine you can stay with the girls, I'll go with Jon," Lando said motioning towards a man who was standing on his own with his bags and Lando's.

Lando walked away and followed the rest of the group with Jon by his side. "You need to tell us everything on the plane" Charlotte joked as me and the girls all grabbed our cases and followed behind the large group of people.  We all got through airport security quickly because we didn't have to wait in long queues and the airport already wasn't busy due to COVID and all the restrictions. At 9:30 we all boarded the plane, me and the three girls sat up the back with me sitting in the middle of Helen and Charlotte and Lucinda sitting in the double seat herself across the aisle. After everyone was seated we all listened to the safety procedures before the plane set off.

"So, what's going on with you and Lando?" Charlotte asked. She wasn't messing around she is just getting straight to the point. "I hate to be boring and would love to give you all an amazing and crazy story but there is nothing going on" I answered honestly. "Well give us something else how did you meet and how long have you known each other" Lucinda asked. "That's a little more interesting we only started speaking about a week ago and only met for the first time yesterday" I explained and told them the whole story with the stream and Noah's plan. "Oh okay, so you only met him for the first time yesterday" Charlotte repeated after me as if she was trying to understand what I had just said. I nodded my head in response and watched as all the girls looked at each other then back at me. Did I say something wrong, is there something I'm missing. "I'm sorry I just have to ask this, You are the first person Lando has brought to a race apart from his family. So are you really in it for him or are you just in it for the lifestyle and publicity" Charlotte announced. I was a bit taken back by her sudden question, I knew people were going to be suspicious of me but I thought that would just be the media, not the team. I thought maybe Lando would have told them about me so they knew who they were travelling with them.

"What Charlotte means to say is. Everyone here in the team are all very close and we all treat each other like family, so we just want the best for each other" Helen explained and shook her head at Charlotte. "I completely understand that. I was shocked myself when Lando asked me to come here. But I knew what to expect and knew people would have their opinions about me being here. I am used to the negativity and I know how to handle myself" I explained "I guess you could say I have a lot of experience with people thinking I am using other people for fame even when it is your own sister" I joked. They all looked at me with confused facial expressions and continued staring at me until I took my phone out of my pocket and got up my sisters Instagram to show them who she was. "That not fair" Helen complained, this time it was my turn to be confused. "Well, one your sister is literally living the dream, she gets to travel all over the world and secondly, the genes in your family are amazing you are both stunning," Helen explained. "I wish all people were like you, everyone says I am the irrelevant sister and the ugly one" I laughed. " And I never understand why people always think I am using her for fame because I have always told her that I want to achieve everything on my own and not feed off her success" I continued.

Me and the girls continued to talk about every race they have been to and all the crazy things that can happen in one weekend. They also told me how much they enjoy their job and all the amazing opportunities they have gotten because of it.

Before we knew it the plane had hit the runway and we had arrived at the Faro Airport. I looked out the window to see the sun shining and the beautiful landscapes of Portugal. Slowly the plane started to empty and the team all got out. Me and the three girls were some of the last ones to arrive at baggage claims we were at the back of the plane.

Once we arrived at baggage claim everyone collected their bags we all split into smaller group to travel to the hotel.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍, 𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚕.