O N E

Vanya Hargreeves stepped out of the house full of childhood memories, not taking one look back, and approached the taxi that would take them back to their boring, ordinary life. They hung their head low, not looking at anyone that passed by. As they crossed the street, someone called their name.

The girl was taller than them, and dressed in all black, her teal dyed hair stood out in the dark colored outfit. Her eyes were dark and she was wearing dark makeup, but still natural somehow. She looked to be in her late 20s.

She smiled apologetically at them "I'm really sorry"

"W-what are you sorry about?" All of a sudden, it all went foggy for a few seconds. When they finally got a hold of their senses they weren't on the street anymore.

They quickly looked around and realized they were in some kind of movie theater. Before they started to panic, they tried to look for an exit. Unfortunately the place had no doors, so there wasn't a way out.

Hands starting to sweat and heart beating faster, they asked, "Hello? Is anyone th-"

A bright blue light, much like when Five blinks, cut the question in the middle and three figures fell out of it, landing all in a pile. When they finally untangled themselves Vanya realized who they were. Allison, Klaus and Five.

"What the hell is going on? Five what did you do?"

"Contrary to your belief, Allison, not everything is my fault!"

"Is this a theater? Oh I loove movies! We should wat-"

"Shut up Klaus!"

"Guys, I'm here too" everyone turned to look at them with confused looks. They we're about to ask why Vanya was there when the bright light came back and this time it was Diego who fell out of it.

"What the hell?" He shouted to the room. Vanya flinched slightly at the loud voice of their brother. They didn't know why, but they had always been sensitive to loud noises.

"I don't have time for this" and just like that Five jumped away.

"Good to know he still cares" Diego said, sarcasm obvious on his voice.

"Did he really just leave us here?" Allison asked a bit hurt.

The blue light came back, but this time it was familiar, and when Five stepped out of it, they all knew why.

"What happened?" Vanya asked softly. Five had a frown on his face as he looked around the small movie theater "I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know?" Allison asked in concern. "It felt like there wasn't anything but this room" Diego looked up from where he was checking if he had all his knives "I don't get it" Five scoffed at him "Of course you don't"

"But why isn't there anything? I mean certainly there is, where is the mansion, Griddys, the park? There must be something" everyone, except Klaus who was still on the floor, looked surprised to see Vanya speaking, as they weren't used to having someone else around during missions.

Five shook his head "That's what I thought, but I can't blink to anywhere out of this room."

Allison looked thoughtful for a second, "Maybe something is dampening your powers?" Five shook his head again "If something were to do that, I would feel it. And also I can still blink in here, just not to get out."

"So how do we get out of here?" Diego asked, flipping one knife in his hand.

"I don't know... yet" Five said, exasperated. Vanya let out a sight and tuned out their brother, who had started mumbling to himself equasions and theories of what was happening, and looked around the movie theater again, eyes finally resting on Klaus, who was looking at the air beside him in annoyance.