Issue 9- Starlight

From the Personal Diary of Megan Gwynn/Pixie

I haven't been able to sit still all day, I'm just super excited and nervous and freaking out just a little bit.

Never expected him to say 'yes', thought he'd just brush it off or give me a 'maybe' and just never actually show up. But he did say yes and now I'm so excited I can't wait. Parties on Krakoa are always amazing, but this one is gonna be absolutely tidy! I have the perfect dress planned out as well, I just look so cute in it.

Hoping I'll see Armor there, or maybe Mercury or even Laura. Been so long since I've been able to just chat with any of them, have some drinks and let our hair down. We've all been pretty busy helping out around Krakoa and going on missions and stuff. Or at least Armor and Laura have, not sure about Mercury.

It does sorta feel like they've forgotten about me, the X-Men, and all the people in charge. There was one time they loved having me around, in case they needed a teleport somewhere. Guess that's all I really was to them, just another teleporter. Now they've got plenty of those as well as all the gates, don't need me anymore.

At least Darktruth asked me onto his team, even if I wasn't sure he would for a while there. Things were pretty awk between us. I hope things get better. We could really help people.

I should get ready. I know tonight is going to be amazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Megan chewed her lip softly as she watched Darktruth, the large man seated upon the ground with his head in his hands. She knew he was deep in thought, so much so he hadn't said a single word since the stranger had called him 'dad'. He had only grunted when Wolverine had told him to follow as they led the woman away.

 Despite the interruption the party had continued on, she could hear it even from here, just outside of the Quiet Council. Only a few members of the Council had arrived as they led the stranger inside; Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Storm, and Xavier. Wolverine had gone inside as he kept an eye on the woman, and Cyclops arrived a short time after. So she and Darktruth waited outside; she had not been told to follow in any strict terms, though she was certainly not going to sit this out. Not after she'd seen the woman's face.

 She'd seen that woman before, in a vision shown to her by beings from another reality* what felt like a lifetime ago. Some things were different, but she was sure it was the same woman. She wasn't sure what it meant that the woman was here now, and even less sure what she should say to Darktruth. He hadn't exactly expressed any sign of how he felt about the situation.

*this was in issue #72 of my original Darktruth series, started on the old Marvel.com boards and continued until its conclusion on Mickey's Tavern.

 She remembered that at one time he had been ecstatic about the idea of kids, and disappointed when she told him she wasn't sure when she'd be ready for them. She loved the idea of one-day having kids, but she wasn't about to jump into it at her age. It was perhaps the one thing she disliked about Krakoa, that one rule of 'Make More Mutants'. It felt like such a loaded law that put pressure upon her she would rather not exist. She would decide when she was ready, not anybody else.

 She could only hope the presence of the woman was evidence that she had made the decision and nothing else.

 "So..." Darktruth spoke, at last, breaking the silence between them. "Never thought this would be the way we'd have kids. Aren't they supposed to be all small and ugly first?"