-Chapter 13-

"You?!" Mia's screams made me shît my pants in terror, who was at the door?

"Knox, you little monkey! I haven't seen you in ages!!" Mia's shrieks were all I could hear, followed by Knox screaming in shock.

Knox was always my friends' favourite, they had seen him as a baby too and they still found him a cute chubby cheeked kid despite him progressing into his teenage years.

"Ugh Mimii get off meeee!" Knox wailed as he walked into the living room- he was actually being carried by Mia to be exact but details aren't always crucial.

"Mia you need to learn how to not give people heart attacks. You seriously made me shît my pants when you screeched at Knox." I reprimanded Mia, who was still making baby faces at Knox as if he was still the little child he once was. Mia and me have literally raised him but she has that maternal mindset; 'no matter how old my kids get they'll still be my babies'.

"Food!" Knox practically bolted towards the kitchen island and began eating from my plate. The audacity.

Before I could even begin to open my mouth to scold Knox, he ran up the stairs all the while still scoffing down my food. Ugh.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand.
"Mia I have to tell Dmitri."

"Aw Ari...that's a good idea but just know whatever happens regardless of what Dmitri says I still love you and will be here for you."
Mia softly spoke and I was glad for her support. There's not many people that would back you in times like this.

"And Dmitri's not all bad you know." Mia gave me a knowing look and my mind went back to when I was in his room and he offered me to stay and when I saw his wolf. The latter was quite obviously a hallucination but it didn't hurt to imagine he actually saved me.

"Thanks Mia." I whispered before opening a can of 7up and gulping it all down in one.

"Okay! So then what are we waiting for? Let's go! He's probably back at his office now and we can walk right in because-"
Mia stopped to turn to look at the clock behind her. "It's only six thirty! We can easily make it there by foot and you can talk to him and we'll be back by-"

"Mia thank you for your eagerness!" I chuckled at her amused expression.
"But I feel like this is something I need to do by myself. I have depended on you so much and in the case that things go they way I think they will then I will have to be someone who is independent. Being reliant on others won't take me far in the long run-"

"But Ari I-"

"No Mia. You're less of my best friend and more of a sister to me. And one day you will have your own mate. Your own cute little family to take care of and I can't be someone who eventually will somehow get in the way of however you live your life."
Mia's eyes sparkled with unshed tears leading to the both of us to burst in to tears at our big age. We hugged each other and cried, only stopping when Mia had turned to look at the time and shrieked at me to dry my tears and go quickly else it would get dark on my way home. 

"Take care of Knox!" I yelled as I slid on my shoes in the patio.

"By the way this crying session isn't over! It will be rescheduled!" Mia hollered and I smiled and shut the patio door before speed walking out of the drive and towards the main road that would eventually lead me to the pack house.

The walk to the pack house wasn't a particularly long one if you walked fast. I only managed speed walking to the end of the road because that's the point where I ran out of breath so I slowed down. I didn't know what to say to Dmitri so I was mentally pretty preoccupied. What would I say?