Epilogue

• Dedicated kay To all those who read this until the last page :)

Epilogue: The Reality

"Hey, where are you going?"

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, Hope even if she can see me do it. God! I swear, she could be a mother hen sometimes. "I am on duty, Hope. I really need to go. Talk to you later, okay?" I said but I can almost hear her roll her own eyes on me on the other end of the line. "And besides, I really don't want to encourage you to proceed with the list because first, you're not dying and second, what you want to do is too expensive. Do you have any money to fund your craziness, huh?"

Hope is the only friend that I have. I am much older than her so every time she's about to make a wrong decision I am always there to guide her and voice out my opinion. And now, she's about to make another one. "But...ugh. I really want to do this!"

I paced the room back and forth. "Hope Jaden Ravena, think about the repercussions. You're literally planning to go around the world and do some wild things. What if something happens to you, when you're out? And I'm not there?"

She laughed so hard that I am sure she's rolling on her sides right now. "Jeez! Chill, girl! You're too uptight! Fine. I'll think about it. Again."

I smiled despite of my hesitation in telling Hope that what she wants to do is beyond impossible. Honestly, I really don't know what's going with this girl's head. She could be a little daring and careless, sometimes. Especially with her heart condition. She could be in real danger if she wants to proceed with her crazy plan.

"Hey, listen. Let's change topic, what happened to you and with that guy...what's his name again?"

"Nico?"

"Yeah, that Nico Dela Torre, guy."

"What do you mean what happened? It's just a one night stand Hope, nothing more.  Two nights stand actually. But yeah, he's good looking and all but you know, I really don't like him."

"What?! You turned down another guy? When are you going to settle down? You're not getting younger my friend."

I sighed. It's not really on my mind to have a family. My priority first is to be successful in my chosen field and I don't know if being in love will help me to focus on my work.

I listened to her rant as I arranged my things. It's already 10:59 am on my watch and I'm supposed to be on duty at exactly 11. If I can't go to my post at that time, my superior's wrath will go down on me again, and maybe this time, I'll lose my job for real.

"Whatever, Hope. I'm going now. Just don't run away again, okay? Wait for me, tonight and we'll talk about that list."

I heard her laugh at the other side of the line. "Girl, like what they've said. If travelling is free, you'll never see me again."

"But you're broke and..."

"I know, I know. Don't rub salt into the wound."

I laughed before saying my goodbyes to her as I hung up.  I get my stuff from my locker and changed into my scrub suit. After that, I arrange the records of the patients that will be under my care, placing the new addition on top.