Luna [Ch. 4]

Luna: The Moon Goddess

 Previously: "Now, you have until the next full moon to locate her and bring her to me before she gets her full powers back. If you can't find her in the next four days...your mission is to kill her," father ordered them, ending the conversation. . I started down what seemed like a busy neighbor, considering the fact the every porch light was on...except one. The old lady looked to be in her early sixties, with her grayish white hair pulled back into a messy bun. Her face held wrinkles of the years gone by and wisdom of what's to come. I opened my mouth to speak but felt my body give out as I fell to the ground of exhaustion. The last thing I remember is hearing the woman say something like, "This wasn't how I pictured my first encounter with you."

Chapter 4

I woke up with a sense that I wasn't alone. My eyes popped open immediately due to this sense, causing me to jump from my laid down position. I got into a crouching position with my left arm out infront of me with my right to the side of me.

It didn't take long for me to find the intruder, seeing that she was sitting in a recliner chair facing me a few feet across the, what I now realized to be a living room. It was then I realized that I'm on a brown couch decorated with a thin white blanket and blue pillows.

I scanned the room, taking in my surrounding. There was a wooden coffee table infront front of the couch that had a tea set sitting stationery in the center. To my left was a television sitting on its stand. Next to it were end tables filled with pictures and other decorations.

To my right was another couch identical to the one I'm on now, next to that were end tables as well with tan lamps sitting on each one. I looked around at the walls that were stained with nothing my pictures of memories throughout the years. It wasn't until then I realized its morning outside.

When my eyes landing on the old lady, I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday, how I broke in under the impression that no one was home. She sat quickly, letting me scoop the area freely. I looked her over.

She was wearing a pair of black stretch pants and a white button down shirt, she looked young for her age. You could tell she likes to keep herself up. I still crouched on the couch as I looked at her, waiting for her to speak a word of reassurance that I wasn't in any particular danger of some sort.

Although I doubt she'd bring harm to me. "How are you feeling darling? You gave me quite a scare yesterday when you passed out," the woman spoke, her voice strained from age, yet it still had a aura of power and trust.

I turned my head a little while still looking at her, testing to see if she'd do something as soon as I turned my head from her.

But like before, she sat in the recliner chair with her hands on her lap, looking at me with a kind face. It was then I trusted that this woman isn't going to cause me and harm. I adjusted myself on her couch, sitting on my butt and allowing my arms to relax to my side.

As I got comfortable, the old woman smiled in appreciated that I found I could trust her. She suddenly leaned forward towards the coffee table. Her little wrinkled hands hovering over the tea set before pouring to small glasses of tea. She handed one to me.