Going Through Changes

*** Chucky ***

We waiting in cap and gowns. Cedes grandparents and a lot of her family is here. My family and siblings. And Calvin and my boys.

" Chucky ....." I walk across stage and chunk up deuces taking my pic. They laughed.

" Chucky !!!! " They cheer. I got off and watched the rest of the of my class.

" Mercedes ..... " She got on stage.

" Goooo Cedes!! " Her family was proud of her. She's the first to go to college. A serious big time college.

" Goo Boogie! That's my little homie! " I yell.

" M- Dog!!! " our class yell. She laughed and took her picture.

" My baby! " her granny says crying.

" granny stop crying for you embarrass her " Her cousin says.

Her older cousins are fine as hell.

***

We all together afterwards.

" I'm so proud of you, cece " Her grandparents hug her. She smiled.

And looked up and seen her mother and Calvin. Her mom looks good. Like she's doing a lot better.

" Hi " Her mom says

" Hey " she didn't know what to say.

" I'm proud of you. " She tell her. Cedes smile whipping away her tears.

" thanks " She says.

" boogie, I can't believe you leaving me for Dallas and taking my roll dog Cherish with you " her little sister laugh " best believe y'all go be having me up in ya cribs a lot " I say. They laughed.

I hugged my bestfriend. Mercedes has always been there for me. But to have my other half leave. I wasn't prepared for. I'm going to have to get use to life without seeing her every day. Her cooking me breakfast and us being us together.

I had tears forming. " Chucky don't cry! " She says.

" I'm not crying! I got something in both my eyes at the same time! " I say. Everybody laughed.

" I love you foreal! Yo dream was to be out the Hood and you made that happen. I'm proud of you " I tell her.

*

*

*

We stepped out the car and walked into the decorated prom room. It was amazing.

" This is how you know its over. Prom. I'm going to miss this " She says.

" I really don't want you to go. "

" I don't want to go either. But sometimes you have to do what you don't want. If I don't take this step now I never will " She says.

I smiled at her " I'm proud of you. Your my bestfriend. Forever! No matter where we leaving. I'll be to Dallas to visit you " I say.

I look up and see my brother. Him and a bunch of his friends. They said they was crashing prom. But they just really wanted to come.

" Wassup, son. Looking clean " He says giving me dap.

" wassup. You remember Cedes " I say.

Of course he did. He been having a crush on her since as long as I can remember.

" You don't got the braces and glasses! ? " He jump.

Me and her bust out laughing.

" No! Damn how long you been gone to boot camp? That was like 3 years ago! " She says.

Yep. Mercedes had the geek going on but was a cute geek.

" Damn. Well you look cute either way " He says. She smiles.

" Thanks, Quan " She says.

" I heard you moving. Why? "

" Yeah to Dallas. To go to school and get out the Hood for once and all "

" Don't go! I been back for like a month and we ain't got to kick it yet man " We laughed.

Me him and Cedes used to go out and get it popping when her family babysit.

" See now, nigga that's what got you to where you was. Chill " She says laughing.

" Hell no. That ain't stop me. It put me on hold. But I'm a beast. I'm a be back at the shit and already is " He says.

" Be careful this time around. Nobody wants you going back " He smiled.

" Awww you missed me? " We laughed.

I am not hooking them up. I learned my lesson putting her and Cal together. I don't want her saying I'm the cause of her bad relationships.

She smiled her little Flirty smile at him. And he was feeling himself for real now, mane!

" Everybody missed you " She reply not saying no. He looked to me then back to her.

Calvin is going to flip if he found out my brother trying to get with Mercedes!

And she was trying back on the slide.

I ain't want my bro to be no rebound but if they feeling each other ain't shit I can do.

Calvin is going to flip when he finds out she's moving on...

And with my brother maybe ....

ooohhh shit!!....