Us

*** Calvin ***

Me and her had been hanging out a lot for some weeks now. She was getting ready for graduation and was already back at work.

I hated that she worked there. But I couldn't stop her.

" So what are we? " I ask. We sitting at the park on the bench.

Its a bright and beautiful day. It feels good out. Sun shining just right.

" I don't know. What you mean? " She ask. I think she knew what I mean and was trying to see what I thought first.

" Cal! " Her little sister hugged me. She had been playing with her friends when I got here.

" Hey Lil mama " I say. She was talking to me before running back off with her friends. " Your doing a great job with her "

" Thanks. I'm trying my best "

" Hey bitch! And Bitch nigga! "We look up. Chucky! The only nigga that gets away with talking shit like that. Because we know that how he plays.

" Oh my gosh! Its you! I been avoiding you " She says. We laughing. He had some girl with him.

" I know you have! " He says.

" Cedes, my back itch. Get that for me " We cracking up.

This nigga is a fool with it. " No! " She says.

" You be acting like a bitch! " We dying.

" Boy what do you want? " I ask him

" Errrrr! Talking to her not you! " He put his hand in my face. We all dying.

I bend his wrist back. " ouch! Bitch let me go! " He snatch away

" Anyway Cedes I need the world biggest favor! They told me Im not graduating. but i found a way. There's this last test. In 2 days. I pass I graduate. I need your smart as help " He explain

" No! I'm too busy with my own shit to help you. " She says

" Please I'm begging you! I don't want to be in that hell hole they call high school another year without you! I can't do it. How would you feel knowing you could have helped your bestfriend graduate but didn't. Because you was selfish.

Then he drops out start selling dope gets caught and is doing life in Penn? You could have did something " We all laughing at chucky dramatic ass!

" Chucky you have 2 days. That's not nearly enough time " She bought to give in. Me and him both know it.

She's terrible at handling gilt. Terrible at saying no. Especially when its her friend or somebody she loves and they really need her.

" Please Cedes pleaseee!! For me! ill love you forever and a day" She laughed.

" Fine Chucky! But it's not my fault if you fail " He hugged her and smiled at me that he got her.

" oh my God thank you. Thought I'd have to spend another year in my moms house " We laughed.

*

*

*

Her sister fell asleep. She put her in the car. Stripping must be paying good if she got herself a car.

" What are we? " I ask again

" I don't know what you mean "

" Yeah you do. What would you call us? Are we friends? A couple? I don't know! " I say.

" I don't know either. You tell me "

" I don't want to be your friend " She looked at me. " I want to be more. I really like you. " She smiled

She wrapped her arms around my neck. And I wrapped mines around her tiny waist.

" I like you too. A lot. " I kissed her.

That's my girlfriend ......

Shit, this girl got a Nigga open. She got me feeling some way..