Chapter 9

"I'm booorreedd." Cooper said. He's lying on his bed. His right arm is on his forehead and he's staring at the ceiling, thinking of ways to wear off his boredom.

"Should I play some games? But I finished all the games there. Should I play them again? Nahhh. Or I can go out, go to the gardens and... Sigh."

As he was mulling over what to do, his phone lit up and vibrated. There was a message.

"Oh it's from Riri!"

______________________________________

Riri: Heya Cooper! Just want to tell you there will be a party at my house and you're invited!!! You can take Adrian with you if you want. ;-)

Cooper: Oooh a party! When will that happen?

Riri: Tonight! 8 p.m. Why? Do you have plans tonight? :-(

Cooper: Papa is gonna be here tonight. I'm sorry, I can't go.

Riri: Awww ok... You can still come if you want!

______________________________________

'Sigh. What now?' Cooper said, flopping again in his bed. He looked at his phone and saw that it's 10 A.M..

A knocked on the door made Cooper sit up, thinking of who's looking for him.

'Maybe it's Ari or Norvyn.'

"Young master." The door opened and Norvyn's face was seen. "There's a woman named Kristine who wants to see you. She's in downstairs now."

"Huh, why is Kristine here? And how did she know my address?" Cooper mumbled. Maybe Ari gave our address? Nooo, he will not do that. Hmmm

"Young master?" Norvyn called, interrupting his thoughts.

"Oh? Uhh just say to her that I'm coming down in a minute. Thank you."

Norvyn nodded. "No problem, young master."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi Cooper! Cool house!"

"Riri why are you here? Norvyn can you make us some food to eat please? Thank you!" Cooper said, sitting on one of the sofas.

Kristine, in response, sits in front of Cooper and makes her legs cross.

"Why? Can't I visit my friend at his home?" Kristine said.

"It's not that. It's just that you just came here suddenly. We're just texting each other and now you're here...How do you know that I live here?" He said with a hint of a doubt in his voice. His eyes slit narrowed.

"Bro you're dad is famous. Almost every reporter talks about him and my house is near yours so I really know."

"Young master, Miss Kristine, here are your refreshments." Norvyn said, carrying two glasses of lemon juice and two slices of red velvet cake.

"Thank you Norvyn!" The young master said, smiling brightly at him.

"You're welcome young master."

"Oooohh red velvet! My favorite!" Kristine hurriedly picked up a plate of the cake.

"Glad you like it Miss Kristine."

"Just Kristine is fine! You're so formal!"

"Ok Kristine."

"Ehhhh? Why when I was the one who said to call me by my name, you didn't do it? But when Kristine told you to call her by her name, you did it right away?" Cooper pouted, feeling a little bit unfair.

"Because you are the young master and should be called with respect. Any other questions young master? If none, I will go back to the kitchen."

"Nothing as of now."

When Norvyn left, Cooper looked at Kristine who's enjoying the cake and couldn't stop eating it. "Let's get straight to the point, why are you here?"

Kristine raised her right hand to Cooper, signing that to wait for her. After eating the last piece of cake, she said "Well, I really REALLY want you to go to my party!"

"Riri you know that my papa's comin—"

"I know but just go to my party for ten minutes. Then after ten minutes, you can go back now. If you want I will take you home myself."

"But Riri..."

"Please~ for your friend~" Kristine said, widening her eyes and pouting her lips. Her hands clasped together like a prayer.

"Why are you so persistent in me going to your party?"

" 'Cos you're my first friend, first genuine friend and I wanna brag my cute little friend to my oh so called 'friends' andtobragthatihavearichfriend. Hehe."

"What? Can you repeat the last one? I didn't understand it."

"I said that I want to brag that I have a rich friend."

"But Riri you're rich too."

"You're rich is another level. Soooo, will you come with me?"

"Sigh. Fiiinnee. Papa will be here at 10 p.m. so I need to come home at 9 okay? Adrian will come with us. I will not go if Adrian didn't join. He needs to party too, you know?"

"Great! Now...let's go shopping!"

"Why?"

"What why? Of course we have to buy some new clothes for the party annndd things that we need for the event. Now go change your clothes and tell Adrian that he needs to change too 'cos he will be our holder of what we'll buy. Muahahaha!" Kristine laughed, it's an evil laugh.

'I don't know why she laughs like that but that laugh is not good... Poor Ari.' Cooper thought as he went upstairs to his room, still hearing Kristine's evil laugh.