Part 19

It felt like he passed out again, except this time he actually did from blood loss.

He woke up when he was laying in a hospital bed with 5 other people, the fluorescent white lights blinding his sensitive eyes.

Draco went to pull his arm up to cover his eyes but he couldn't. His muscles could barely move and this stinging pain was running through his leg.

He moved his head when he heard people talking softly beside him.

He sighed in relief when he saw pansy and hermione, softly laughing and talking to each other while hermione served lunch to her girlfriend.

Hermione's arm was bandaged but otherwise she seemed okay. Pansy had bandages covering her arms and a bandage on her head.

He turned his head to the otherside and saw blaise sleeping on his bed, still unconscious and ron sitting next to him, clutching his hand while reading a book with the other.

" wow weasley, didnt know you could read." Draco said hoarsely.

The three awake patients snapped their heads to draco and smiled.

Ron set down the book and carefully let go of blaises hand although it didnt seem like he wanted to.

He sat down next to draco and smiled.

" how are you feeling?" Ron asked quietly.

" confused. Where are we?"

" we're at the hospital. St.Mungos."

" how long have we been here?"

" At least 7 days. I woke up yesterday and were informed all of us except hermione were put in a medically induced coma."

" are you guys okay? What happened to you?"

Ron looked around and saw pansy give a little nod then go back to eating with her girlfriend.

" um well pansy had a concussion, we think when someone was trying to take her away she got hit in the head. Blaise was beaten up pretty bad, he had some internal bleeding and also a concussion. My shoulder wasn't completely healed so the stitches reopened and i got stabbed with a glass shard, which i would not recommend by the way." Ron shivered dramatically.

Draco let out a weak laugh and continued to listen.

" um hermione was relatively okay, a few scratches here and there but shes been taking small doses of sedatives because of the ptsd. It helps her sleep better. And you passed out from blood loss from the head. Plus you were closer to the explosion than any of us so you had a couple burns on your leg." Ron ended.

Draco looked up and closed his eyes, furrowing his brows.

So thats what the pain was.

Draco gulped and slowly opened his eyes, willing himself to ask the one question he did not want to know the answer to.

" and harry?" He sighed, just knowing whatever ron said would hurt.

Ron breathed sharply and his hands balled into fists, bunching up the fabric of his pajamas.

" harry is stable." He said finally.

Draco wanted to cry in relief, he really did. When he saw harrys leg jerk we wanted to jump down there to pull him out but when he stood up he felt dizzy and blacked out.