Part 10

It was 2 months after harry moved in. The house wasn't lonely and cold anymore but instead warm and inviting. Whenever draco came home from work early, harry was making dinner and on the rare occasions harry stayed in late, draco would bring dinner to him.

Eating together and talking was like a daily routine. They never missed dinner together.

Draco was in his office when he got a very distressed call from blaise.

" blaise?"

" d-draco can you come over?"

Blaises words shook and it was clear he was intoxicated.

" ok im coming. Ill be there in 10 minutes. What happened?"

" P-Pansy "

Now draco was scared. Pansy was like a sister to him, practically his family.

" im on my way"

He hung up on blaise and dialed harry.

" hello?"

His voice echoed from the phone.

" hey i cant come to di-"

" i was just about to call you. Ron said he needed my help. He sounded furious, he said it was urgent so i cant make it to dinner. Tomorrow?" Harry said rushed. Draco blinked for a few seconds.

" yeah. Okay. Umm ill see you later then."

" okay. Bye draco." And harry hung up. A little shocked draco grabbed his coat and keys and rushed outside the building.

When he arrived at Blaise house, pansy's car was missing and the door was still ajar. Inside blaise was smoking a cigarette and drinking a cup of liquor, might as well the entire bottle.

Draco cautiously sat down next to his best friend and leaned forward, his elbows propping him up.

" so. What happened?" He asked quietly. Blaise took a long drag and sighed, smoke puffing out.

" pansy left me"

Dracos mouth fell open. Out of all the possible things he could have said he did not expect that.

" what?" He yelled, standing up.

" yeah. She came home, told me shes leaving me and left." He muttered.

" what happened?" Draco asked sitting back down, running a hand through his hair.

" sergeant Hermione Jean Granger happened, thats who." He revealed. If draco was shocked before, that was nothing compared to what hes feeling now.

" hermione is ENGAGED!" He yelled

" AND PANSY WAS MARRIED!" Blaise yelled back. Draco walked into the kitchen to grab a glass and came back into the living room.

" how did this happen?" He asked a dangerous question.

Blaise paused from sipping on his drink. He set it down and looked up, not at draco. He stared into the fireplace until he sighed and finally answered.

" she was getting really close to hermione. You know that. And i was also getting close to ron because our wives were practically best friends."

Draco kept listening, taking in everything he was saying.

" when we slept over at your house a couple months ago, pansy slept with hermione. They slept together and it kept happening until hermione finally broke it off 5 weeks ago. Apparently pansy had fallen in love with her. She said she loves her now, and she left." Blaise finished.

Draco blinked. So hermione broke it off? Was she also in love?

" and...." blaise shook draco from his thoughts.

" i was going to ask for a divorce anyway."

" WHAT?" Draco jumped.

Blaise sighed and looked up at him with tired eyes.

" Our relationship was dying draco. Have you ever noticed that in the past year, we stopped sitting close to eachother or that we would always sit on opposite sides of the room or the fact that we stopped going to work together? We stopped eating together, being alone with each other. this marriage was getting SO lonely. It was like we were alone even though we were together. Then you met potter, and she met Mione. She seemed so much happier and I became friends with a lot more people than just you or Vince and pans. It wasn't lonely anymore. how could I be with someone who needed OTHER people to feel happy and loved when her own husband wasn't good enough."

Draco blinked. He processed everything that had just been given to him and listened slowly. He closed his eyes and nodded, trying to understand the situation.

" And also.... I like someone else. I don't love them, but i have feelings for them." He drawled.

" i swear to god if you say me i will slap the shit out of yo-"

" ew gross. Dating you sounds like a nightmare. Ill save that for potter." Blaise cringed. Draco punched his shoulder and glared at him. He let out a sigh and looked at his best friend.

" then who is it?"

Blaise looked up at draco with sad eyes.

" the god forbidden fiance thats who."

Dracos jaw was on the floor.

" WHAT?"

Blaise flinched at the loud noise and waved his hand.

" shut up. your way too fucking loud. How the hell do you think i havent broken down yet?"

" this isnt broken down?" He gestured towards the cigarette butts and bottle of liquor.

" oh you dont even know."

After that was silence. They sat down together, draco still processing everything.

" you dont love him?" He asked finally. Blaise looked up, his eyes stinging red.

" no. But I definitely could fall for him thats for sure. I started developing feelings without knowing and this finally set it free. Im single and he's available now. But i dont think he likes guys and my wife did steal his wife so i dont know."

Draco nodded and laid back, his head laying on top of the couches backboard. Blaise followed his motion and put out his cigarette on the ashtray and gulped down the rest of his drink. They stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours but it was really only a couple of minutes.

" doesnt hurt to try." Draco whispered finally. Blaise's head shot up and he stared at his best friend shocked. Out of all the people in his life he wasn't expecting Draco fucking Malfoy to be supportive of Blaise leaving his wife who was practically Draco's adopted sister.

he laid his head back and sighed slowly.

" i dont know man. Im not good with these kinds of things."

Draco snapped his head in his direction.

" are you joking? When we were like 20, i watched u hustle at least 10 guys and girls into going home with you a day. You're a pro. Im not good at these kinds of things my ass."

Draco scoffed. Blaise shook his head and sighed.

" i mean feelings. The only other person i ever felt feelings for was pansy and I proposed to her 2 months in. That was a mistake because turns out my wife was a closeted lesbian."

draco nodded and shrugged. He then stood up abruptly and stuck out his hand for his best friend to take.

Blaise just stared at it and looked at him confused. Draco rolled his eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him up.

" what are we doing?"

" leaving."

" what where?"

" anywhere but here blaisy. We gotta get some real drinks."