Niall and Genevieve: Under The Mistletoe

Hope you like it! And Merry Christmas!:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genevieve's POV

"-nna party like it's 3012 toni-"

"-aayyee, you know what it is, everythi-"

"-n't want a lot for Christmas, there is ju-"

"-ldren playing, having fun, 'tis the seas-"

I groaned, flicking through the music channels. It's only 2 days until Christmas and the days couldn't go any slower. There was nothing decent on the music channels, and only really old, crappy Christmas films on the other channels. My parents were at work and my brother had gone to his girlfriend's house. In other words, there wasn't anything to do.

"Hey, how ya doin'? Sorry you can't get through-"  I jumped up off the sofa, looking around for my phone, "-why don't ya leave your name, and ya number, and we'll get back to you-"

"Come on! Where are you?" I muttered to myself. I ran into the kitchen, seeing my phone on the counter top. I looked at the screen. Niall Hoe Horan. I smirked at the name. He's oblivious to what I saved him as. "What's up, Ni?" I asked, answering the phone and walking back into the lounge, flopping on the couch.

"You busy today?" He asked, slightly nervous. I frowned.

"No, why?" I replied.

"I'll be over in 10. Get dressed." He said, hanging up straight away. I sighed, running upstairs to my room to get changed out of my pyjamas. It may be 3pm, but I had no reason to change out of my pyjamas. I picked out a my dark-washed skinny jeans with a simple purple sweater with 'LOVE' printed on it. The 'VE' under the 'LO'. I pulled on some purple converses and a black winters coat, wrapping a black and white checkered scarf as well.

"GEN?" Someone called. I'm guessing it was Niall. I ran out my room and down the stairs, just as Niall was closing the front door.

"Hey." I smiled, giving him a hug. My arms were around his neck and his were wrapped around my waist. Our hug lasted longer then it usually does, and our grip was stronger - not that I minded at all.

"So, er, you know that Christmas fair in town?" Niall asked nervously once we pulled out of the hug. I nodded. "Well, er, I was wondering if you, maybe, wanted to go today...with me?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Like a date?" I asked quietly - and hopefully. Niall nodded.

"Well, yeah, if you want. But if you don't I totally understand I mean-"

"Yeah, I would love to."

"-we are best friends, and all-wait, did you say yes?" He asked, once he realised what I said. I giggled and nodded. He bit his lip and opened the door, holding his hand out. Biting my own lip, I grabbed my keys and threaded my fingers between his. We walked out, me locking the door behind us, and started the short, 15 minute walk to the fair.

***

"Can we go on this ride, please?" I begged, dragging Niall to a ride called Gravitational. You stand in a cylinder and it spins really fast while the floor rises. Once it goes fast enough, you end up sticking to the wall and the floor drops. When the ride slows down, the force sticking you to the wall weakens and you drop to the floor. It's seems really fun!

"Fine! But don't blame me if I end up being sick." Niall grumbled, walking ahead to pay for us. I giggled, following after him. We got in, standing with our backs pressed against the wall. There were a few other teens in here with us. The guy locked the door and the ride started spinning. Niall squeezed my hand while I giggled in excitement.

"Lighten up, Ni! You'll have fun." I smiled, looking at me. He glared at me as the floor started rising. It started spinning faster and Niall squeezed his eyes shut.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." He muttered under his breath. I couldn't help but laugh. I could feel myself being push back into the wall. It was hard to move my head to the side. My skin was being pushed back and I'm pretty sure my boobs are now non-existent or coming out of my back. "I really hate you!" Niall yelled and the floor dropped, leaving us stuck against the wall.

"You're such a wuss!" I yelled back with a smile on my face. The ride started to slow down and I could feel myself fall slightly. I shuffled down the wall, pulling on Niall's hand to tell him to do the same. When my feet were firmly pressed against the floor, I pulled up my jeans and pulled down my top that had risen slightly. The ride was still spinning slightly and a few of the boys were trying to run to the centre pillar, but failed and fell over.

"I seriously hate you." Niall muttered as we walked out. His arm was flung around my shoulder as he leaned on me. Neither of us could walk straight, so I stopped by a tree. Niall dropped to the floor, sitting with his back against the trunk. "Remind me to never let you drag me on a ride ever again." Niall groaned, making me laugh.

"Oh, lighten up. It wasn't even that bad." I smirked.

"Wasn't that bad? You weren't the one who ate 12 doughnuts before going on that ride!" He whined.

"Serves you right." I said, tapping his nose on each word. He glared at me before using me to pull himself up. "You're welcome." I muttered under my breath.

"Lets go back to my place. My parents are having a Christmas party tonight." He said, flinging his arm over my shoulder. I wrapped one around his waist while I linked my finger on my other hand with his on my shoulder.

"Can't believe it's 8 already. Tonight's gone really fast." I pointed out, leaning into Niall slightly as we walked down the street, leaving the flashing lights and buzzing noise of excited chatter behind.

"Yeah it has. It's closer to Christmas, though!" He smiled. I chuckled and nodded. It didn't take long before we got to Niall's. There were a few adults, and a few of Greg's friends, sat in the lounge playing Just Dance. "Hey guys!" He smiled, pulling me even closer into him.

"'Bout time you two happen!" Greg yelled, making me blush and bury my face in Niall's shoulder. We weren't even official.

"Oh, Greg! Don't embarrass them!" Maura scolded playfully. I chuckled.

"We'll just go grab some drinks and we'll be back." Niall said, pulling me into the kitchen. He grabbed two bottles of Smirnoff Ice, popping the cap off and handing one to me.

"Thank you." I smiled, going back to the lounge. Niall was leaning his side on the door frame, while I was leaning my back against it, watching as Greg and Bobby danced to 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'.

"Oi! You two! Look up!" One of Greg's friends shouted. I looked up to see mistletoe hanging above us. I looked down and blushed.

"You're a prick," I heard Niall mumble, wrapping one arm around my waist, resting his hand on my stomach as he pulled me back, "I'm not one for breaking traditions, but I'm also not one for PDA." He whispered in my ear before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the kitchen. He gently pushed me against the counter, running his fingers through my dark brown hair.

Biting my lip, I looked down at Niall's lips, waiting to feel them pressed against my own. He cupped my cheek with his hand, the other on my hip, and brought his lips to mine. It wasn't a peck, but it wasn't a snog; it was just my lips against his. Niall parted his lips slightly, causing our lips to move in sync. I brought my hands up to his hair. Neither of us deepened the kiss, not wanting to ruin the moment.

"Be mine?" He whispered against my lips as we broke apart. I nodded, and pecked his lips.

"Awe! Aren't you two just adorable!" Niall jumped back as the sound of his brother's teasing voice. Niall rolled his eyes while I blushed. "Sorry! I just need more beer." He said, grabbing another bottle of beer before walking out with a smirk on his lips. I looked at Niall with a smile on my lips. He winked at me before grabbing his Smirnoff and walked into the lounge.

"You coming?" Niall asked, poking his head around the corner. I nodded and grabbed my bottle, walking into the lounge.

Looks like I got what I wanted for Christmas.