Practice

~Characters Belong To J.K Rowling~

"Well looks like I'm better off dead." Hermione said sighing. She had just read what Draco wrote down about Voldemort's plan and needless to say, she was scared out of her mind. "Well Hermione I think we should teach you." Harry said finally putting the parchment on the floor. "Teach me what?" "How to defend yourself." Harry said leaning back on his chair. "When it comes to fighting Voldemort, he's a very hard opponent. I mean I barely survived when I fought him for the first time. He can shoot lots of spells." Hermione thought about it and sighed. "Fine let's go." She said standing up with Ron and Harry, all of them picking up their wands. They quietly walked downstairs because they didn't want Molly (Ron's mom) always worrying about Hermione every time they saw each other. They got to a small open field and Ron and Harry were on one side while Hermione was on the other. "Start!" Harry yelled. "Expelliarmus!" Ron cried out but Hermione countered it. More spells were shouted and kore sparks flew out of their wands. "STUPEFY!" Harry yelled but Hermione had just finished saying Protego to Ron and next thing she knew, she was on the ground with her vision getting dark and blurry.

"Hermione?" Ron said kneeling down towards her. "Harry I think she's unconscious!" Harry took a closer look. "Yeah." Ron picked her up gently and he crept up quietly up the stairs with Harry but met Ginny at the top. "What happened to Hermione?" She asked impatiently. "Harry had hit her with Stupefy but she didn't have time to counter it." Ginny glared at Harry and punched him in the arm. "Ow! Gee Ginny I love you too." He said sarcastically rubbing his arm. Ron went to his room and layed her down on his bed.Harry was leaving but on his way out he stepped on the parchment and curiously picked it up and read 'Hermione are you still there?' Harry borrowed Ron's quill and replied 'Hermione is not available for now' A few seconds later Draco had responded 'Harry what happened to her?' And so Harry wrote the while story to him. 'Remind me to kill you' Draco wrote back. Harry smirked and wrote 'Well I'll tell her you wanted to talk with her when she wakes up.' And with that he rolled up the parchment and set it aside.

Hermione woke up in the middle of the night sweating and panting. She forgot what she was dreaming about but it must have not been a nice one. She scanned the room and realized it was raining. "Great" She mumbled. She noticed Ron asleep on his chair next to her bed but his hand was holding her. She smiled to herself for what a great friend he is. She quietly slipped her hand out of Ron's big hands and grabbed her parchment which Draco had given her. She went in the bathroom and sat down with the lights on. 'Hi' She wrote and got Draco's response a while later. 'Oh thank goodness your okay. I was so worried about you' She grinned and replied 'I'm okay now.' The rest of the night they chatted until 6 in the morning and Hermione slipped herself into bed and placed her hand on Ron's hand (who was still sleeping) so that it was the same as how he had it when he fell asleep. Hermione drifted off into a peaceful sleep.