Chapter 21: Reckless

Trigger warning: panic attack (Kind of)

I woke up in Charlie's arms. He had taken to staying in my cabin since Dmitri called on me more often for medical emergencies. We often woke up together like this, me in his shirt and my underwear, and him completely naked because that was how he was most comfortable.

His eyelashes splayed over the bottom of his eye's orbit. His face was completely relaxed; the lines that usually marked his face, like the crease between his eyebrows, were smoothed out. Freckles were splattered over his nose and his cheeks, making his pale skin seem tanned from far away. I brushed my fingers over the stubble that lined his jaw. He had just shaved it short, so it was prickly.

Charlie inhaled deeply before groaning as he wrapped his arms tighter around me. After a few moments, he opened his eyes to meet mine, warm and light like honey.

I pressed a few light kisses on his jaw before wriggling from his grip to go to the bathroom. He whined after me, but I ignored him.

As I was washing my hands, Charlie barged into the bathroom and pressed against my back, his arms wrapping around me as he tucked his head into my shoulder.

"You couldn't have waited until I was out of the bathroom?" I asked, tilting my head to the side when he left kisses in the crook and drying my hands on a towel.

"No," he answered quietly and pushed against me as he bit down on my skin. I moaned softly and placed my hands on the sink to brace myself, watching him through the mirror above the sink.

"I've only got a few weeks until I go back home," I told him as he rocked his hips against my ass, making me chew on my bottom lip.

"I don't want to talk about that," he murmured and trailed a hand between my legs.

"Charlie," I moaned and let my head fall back onto his shoulder as he slipped his hand into my panties and rubbed circles over my clit.

"I don't want you to leave me," he muttered and kissed the side of my neck. His fingers traced precise circles onto my sensitive bud. I pressed my body into his and sighed.

"I don't want to either," I said breathily, "but I have to take my final exams."

"Skip them," he said arbitrarily.

"I can't. Fuck, Charlie," I moaned and rolled my hips into his hand.

"Drop out," he suggested and tugged at my panties so that they fell to my ankles.

"You know I can't, Charlie," I said as he ran his hands over my ass.

"Why can't you stay home with me? It's not fair," he muttered childishly as he ran the tip of his length through my folds. I whimpered and pushed my hips back, feeling him grab my hips to stop me.

"Life isn't fair. Merlin, Charlie, just fuck me already," I whimpered.

Charlie grunted and complied, lining his length up with my entrance and slowly pushing into me until his hips were flush against my ass. I sighed and let my head drop down toward my chest. Charlie's pace was slow, but his thrusts were hard, each one pushed me into the sink so that my hip bones ached as they repeatedly were pushed against the porcelain. One of Charlie's calloused hands held tightly onto my hip, his fingers digging into my skin hard enough to bruise, and the other made its way to my hair, tugging on it.

My walls clenched around his length with each thrust as my legs threatened to give out from under me. He released my hair and slid his hand around my body to rest on my throat, turning my head to the side to capture my lips in a rough kiss. He groaned and pulled back.