𝟪-𝒮𝓂𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽

As we entered Small Heath the smell of coal, gas & whiskey only got stronger. The streets was filled with smoke making it difficult to take in my surroundings, kids ran along the roads but immediately put there head down and ran inside their homes after glancing at us. I begin to notice that it wasn't just kids but adult's too then it clicked, "You're in my town meaning my rules." 

The car came to a stop. I stepped out the same time as Tommy, I was too excited to wait for him to walk round the car just to open my door. I never liked when men did that, I prefer to be independent. I looked up to be welcomed by a pub called The Garrison and I couldn't help but smile, "Get me a f*cking drink."

I pushed open the double doors with Tommy following behind. I didn't waste any time waiting for a drink, "Whiskey, Irish." The barmaid spat me a dirty look at first but when I felt the presence of Tommy behind me her attitude shifted and began to pour my drink. I grabbed the glass off the bar and was led by Tommy into some sort of private room. "Katerina?" My heart immediately started to race as I spun my head round to the direction my name was called, "Arthur!?" I ran up to him and jumped into his arms. He spun me round the room then placed me back on my feet, "How come your ere!?" He was jumping around like a lost child at this point but I didn't mind. It made me feel good that someone was happy to see me.

 It made me feel good that someone was happy to see me

The sound of glasses clicked together as we all drank. I noticed the woman sat down next to Tommy was staring at me like i'd just killed her cat or some sh*t but I just ignored it and carried on knocking back the whiskeys. "So Katherine, how do you know Arthur?" Tommy spoke up as he slouched back in his chair, "She saved me fookin life Tommy! About 6 men out of no where jumped art at me." He put his arm round my shoulder's and squeezed me into him, "Then she showed up and kicked their arse's didn't ya Kath." I let a small chuckle escape my lips. The memories came flushing back causing me to zone out without realising. The woman sat next to Tommy must of noticed as she leaned over putting her hand in mine causing me to snap into reality, "Anyone that saves my nephew's life is welcome into my home anytime." She gave me a reassuring smile which I returned then shortly after the atmosphere was back to normal with drinks flowing left, right and centre. I think i'll like it here.