⁷ DO YOU PREFER HOT OR COLD?

CHAPTER SEVEN

uh ... hey lol? do u guys still remember this story ...

✁・・・

ONCE THE TWO OF YOU got to the desired destination, you almost fell to the floor as you stepped out of the train if it weren't for Todoroki catching you just in time.

"Sorry about that..." You apologized, but did you really feel sorry at all with his hands on your waist?

No, not at all. You didn't feel an ounce of guilt.

He immediately let go of you once you were able to stand up straight and replied to you. "No, I apologize... I touched you without your consent, I apologize."

You internally smiled at him. Who wouldn't? He was way too much of a gentleman. You weren't used to this at all.

"No, no. It's fine, I swear." You assured him, to which he nodded slowly at your reply.

Fortunately, you were able to look for a spot that wasn't taken without having to embarrass yourself again by being clumsy and tipping over nothing.

You were able to choose the perfect spot and day. The scenery was very calming and serene. The sky was blue and clouds covered the sun, and the grass was as green as emeralds.

You helped Todoroki with placing down the necessities, but he refused, saying that you were wearing a skirt and he doesn't want your clothes to get dirty. Despite his refusal, you still helped with placing down the lunch boxes. Once the two of you were done, you both sat down.

Suddenly, you remember that you were still wearing his sweater resulting in your eyes widening as you quickly removed his sweater and handed it to him. He looked puzzled at your actions.

"Why are you giving this to me?"

"Well, it's fine already..." You replied.

He was silent for a second before he spoke again. "You look very uncomfortable sitting in that position. You can cover yourself up if you aren't comfortable with other sitting positions, or we can just sit on a table."

You quickly denied at what he said and pulled your hand away and placed his sweater on your lap, then changed your sitting position. What he said about looking uncomfortable earlier was true. The only problem was that food might fall on his sweater while you're eating.

"Are you sure? Your sweater might get dirty, though..." You said, sounding worried.

"It's no problem at all." He replied shortly.

"Okay, I'll just bring it back to you after I clean it, then. Is that fine with you?"

He was silent for awhile, as if he was pondering about what you said before he replied to you after a few moments passed.

"...Okay."

After his response, the two of you were enveloped in utter silence before you decided to cough and speak.

"Let's eat?" You asked.

He nodded at what you said. "Mhm. Let's eat."

The both of you ate in peace, having chit-chats here and there while enjoying the presence of one another. You genuinely enjoyed his company despite the fact that he was awkward most of the time, but you did not mind that fact at all. In fact, you found it adorable.

Your impression of Todoroki was obviously that he was awkward and silent, so when he asked you something out of the blue, you were surprised.

"(Name), can I ask you a question?"

"Wha is it?" You asked while chewing on your food.

"Do you prefer being hot or cold?"

The question was very random. You thought if it had something to do with his quirk, or if he was just simply interested on knowing if you prefer hot or cold.

Despite your curiosity of knowing the reason behind why he asked you that, you answered his question.

"Well... I like the right amount of hot and cold. I don't like feeling too hot, as it makes me uncomfortable, but I don't like being cold, too. I don't want to freeze, y'know."

"Ah," He nodded to himself as if he took mental note, muttering, "So you prefer hugs, then,"

"...What?" You asked, unsure if what you were thinking was right.

He looked at you and shook his head. "No, it's nothing."

You shook his answer off and enjoyed the rest of the date with him. Time went by fast and the two of you decided to stop by an art museum afterwards, until it was time for the both of you to go home.

He accompanied you to the girl's dorm with him beside you.

Once the two of you got to the front of your room, you faced him and said your goodbyes.

"Well, I'll be going inside now. I enjoyed your company, Todoroki. Have a nice night."

You were about to go inside your room when he suddenly held your wrist, which made you turn to look at him with a confused look etched on your face.

"Is there anything you want to say to me, Todoroki?" You asked once a few seconds had passed and he still wasn't speaking. He locked eyes with you, and you swear he looked hesitant before he finally decided to open his mouth to speak.

"Uh, I enjoyed our date today. Good... night."

You felt a grin grow on your face at what he said, before you decided to reply.

"I enjoyed the date with you, too, Todoroki. Goodnight,"

Slowly but surely, he was starting to get used to your presence.