𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

EPILOGUE

Author's note at the end of the epilogue. :)

✁・・・

THE FIRST TIME I laid my eyes on her was magical.

Enchanting, even.

That was the very first time I felt bewitched. I wasn't complaining. I could complain, but why would I when it feels so good?

Middle school.

I could still remember our not-so-special first meeting as clear as day. Others would call it, "cliché," I guess.

Maybe it was because I was attracted to her, physically. She had a different kind of beauty that felt so special. Honestly speaking, that was probably the reason why I was attracted to her the first time.

I couldn't interact with a lot of students while I was in middle school, though. I had to focus on my studies, or so my father said.

It was only when I overheard a rumor from my classmates that she was already dating someone.

It's not like I was planning on anything to happen.

When I saw her in the library, I immediately recognized that it was her from the back. She was reading a book, but it looked like she was... asleep.

Grabbing a book, I decided to go to her table and sit a chair away from her. She immediately sat up when she heard I moved my chair.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I apologized.

"No, it's okay. I needed to study, anyway." She gave a reassuring smile before sitting properly. Her eyes also smiled. How cute.

As time passed, there was only nothing but comfortable silence between us with her taking down notes, while I, studying.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on anything to happen.

When high school came by, I fortunately was put in the same class as her. What was unfortunate was that there weren't much opportunities that I could interact with her.

Until one day came.

I was fixing my bag, ready to leave the classroom when I heard noise just outside the classroom. I stared at the door for a while, before finally deciding to come out.

It was her and Kai. Her boyfriend, I think. Were they having an argument? Nevertheless, it wasn't my problem. I was about to leave when I noticed that she was walking towards me. Why was she walking towards me? Did I do something wrong?

When she was in front of me, everything felt so fast that I couldn't process what was happening.

Kiss. She kissed me.

She kissed me.

If the first time I laid my eyes on her was magical, then her kissing me for the first time was an otherworldly experience.

I looked at Kai, and observed that he looked angry. She got my attention back when she spoke on my ear, apologizing. "I'm sorry for kissing you, Todoroki-kun, but please help me. My ex is being tiresome and I really want him out of my sight."

Ah. So this was that kind of situation.

Unlike what others would think, "What would I gain from helping her?" I'd gain a lot, actually. I already know the answer to that very question.

She was staring at me so intensely that I feel hot. Suddenly, she bowed down. "I'm so sorry for kissing you without your consent, Todoroki...and for getting you involved with my personal affairs..."