Under The Mistletoe

Sam's POV

"Louis!" I whined. He shook his head. He's still as stubborn as ever. He hasn't really changed much since I met him when I was 16 when we both auditioned for X Factor. But my throat got some sort of disease so I had to drop out. I still feel sad that I couldn't continue in the competition.

Anyways, now that I'm 17 and he's 21 he's gotten even more childish and I didn't even think that that was possible. But I still love him. As a friend of course.

"I don't want to go to your friends' house! It's One Direction! What if I make a fool out of myself?!"

"Too  bad. They want you to go so you're going. It's five against one. Now get dressed!" Louis instructed. I sighed then went to my room to find an outfit.

I finally decided on dress that reached just above my knees that was red at the top and green on the bottom. It matched my hazel eyes and brown hair well if I do say so myself. I slipped on black boots that stretched to my knees comfortably. I curled my hair then stuck a big red flower bow on the left side of my head. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror then threw on a jacket and met Louis outside. Luckily, it wasn't too cold otherwise I would have frozen to death.

"Ready to go?" Louis asked. I nodded stiffly. I think the cold was getting to me.

Louis made us link arms and walk gleefully down the street.

"I think you and Harry would be the perfect match." Louis declared. I rolled my eyes.

"Remember the last time you set me up with someone? We broke up within three days." I said pointedly. He tilted his head at that thought.

"Yeah but you and Harry will be perfect together." Louis said. I sighed.

"Whatever you say Lou."

He grinned at me. "Here we are."

I looked up and gaped at the sight in front of me. "Woah..."

Their flat was massive. It was... just... huge... and... beautiful.

Louis took my hand and walked inside. There were red, green, gold and silver streamers hanging off the walls everywhere and balloons on the walls. Why there's balloons, I don't know.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM AND LOU!"

I took a step back in surprise. What?! Oh.. I completely forgot that it was our birthday.

"Oh wow... I completely forgot! I"m so sorry Lou!" I cried out then threw my arms around him. He laughed and patted my back.

"It's fine Sam."

I smiled at him gratefully.

I then took a quick look around the room when my eyes landed on a lad with dashing greenish-blue eyes and stunning curly dark brown hair. I quickly looked away and saw Louis smirking at me. I recognized that smirk. That's the I-told-you-so smirk. The smirk that I had grown to despise so much.

"Told ya so." He mouthed to me. I glared at him which started a heated glaring contest.

"Uh guys?"

Louis and I ignored whoever it was that spoke. Finally, I felt my eye twitching and  blinked.

 "HA!!" He screamed. I pouted then crossed my arms grumpily.

"GUYS!"

I turned to look at the other boys. They all had looks of amusement on their faces except for the green eyed curly one. He just looked mad. Don't ask me why. Beats me. Maybe he doesn't like fights.

"Well Sam, that's Niall, that's Liam, that's Zayn and that's Harry, you're future boyfriend." I blushed and looked down while the other boys laughed, including Harry.

"Wanna decorate the tree?"

We all dashed towards the Christmas tree in delight. Around the dull tree, boxes of ornaments and decorations dotted the floor. I peeked into one of the smaller boxes and saw a gingerbread man, an angel, a snowman, some fake candy canes and miniature stockings. I picked them up and hung them on different places on the tree. Then I felt something soft hit my head. I looked down at the ground and saw that it was a stocking.

"What the.." I mumbled to myself. I looked towards the boys who all pointed at Harry. He smiled sheepishly at me.

"Sorry." He mumbled. I smiled at him motioned for him to turn around. He obiediently obliged so I then took a running dash towards him and jumped on his back.

"RUN HORSIE RUN!"

He laughed then ran up the stairs. Either's he's really strong or I'm really light.

Heavy footsteps followed behind us which only made Harry run faster. I turned around and saw Louis on Zayn's back. I burst out laughing when I saw Zayn struggling to keep Louis on his back. Harry slowly lowered me back on the ground and smiled at me. I grinned at him then ran downstairs to finish decorating the tree.

Just when I got to the last step on the stairs the boy had finished. Well almost finished. They still didn't put the star and the top yet.

"Sam? Would you like to put the star at the top?" Liam asked. I nodded giddily then happily took the star out of his hands and stood on my toes to reach the top of the tree but I wasn't tall enough. A pair of arms scooped my up and which got me the height I needed to reacht he top of the tree.

"Perfect." I smiled then whoever it was that carried me, set me down. I turned around to see who it was. Harry. We both smiled shyly at each other.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Louis said happily. We all nodded in agreement then sat in a circle near the newly decorated Christmas tree.

"I'll go first!" Louis exclaimed. "Hare Bear, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Harry said immediately. Louis smirked. Oh no. That's the this-is-going-to-be-good smirk.

"I dare you to kiss Sam full on the lip."

Harry froze and so did I. We slowly turned to face each other.

"Um truth?" Harry said weakly. Louis shook his head then got off the couch and went to the Christmas tree. He plucked the mistletoe decoration off the tree then held it above our heads.

"Now you have too."

I took a deep breath and so did Harry. Then we both leaned in and our lips met.

Butterflies immediately started fluttering around in my stomach. I smiled slightly into the kiss and I felt him doing it too.

"OKAY LOVEBIRDS THAT'S ENOUGH!" Louis screamed. I reluctantly pulled away.

"It's my turn." Harry said before anyone could speak. "Sam. Truth or dare."

"Truth."

"Do you like me?"

"I uhh yeah..." I stumbled over my words nervously.

"Not as a friend but, like like me." Harry said nervously. He blushed then turned to look at a window.

"Yeah." I mumbled softly. Harry's head snapped back.

"HA! TOLD YOU SO!" Louis yelled.

"Then would you go out with me?" Harry asked. I was surprised at his sudden surge of confidence.

"Uh yeah sure." I said. He smiled widely at me then kissed my red cheek.

This had been one of my best Christmas' ever. Remind me to thank Louis later.

• ˚ •˛•˚ * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
• ˚Happy★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Holidays!★ 。* • ˚。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!! And winter break started!!! And since I have so many one shot request, some of them might be uploaded after Christmas. I dont' know... we'll see...

-Emily