Twenty-Three

3RD PERSON

It was actually over...

Harry had done it, he... he won.

He went into the Great Hall as everyone was settling in. Voldemort was the last one. Every other Deatheater was dead or... just gone.

Harry was glad to know that most of his friends did make it. He had to say good-bye to Colin Creevey but he knew the boy died for a cause. He knew Colin would be happy wherever he was next.

He was even happy to see Ron and Hermione finally holding hands. Finally together, the way it should have been.

Harry left the Great Hall, looking around for Cora. Hermione and Ron followed behind him but nothing.

"Did she say anything to you?" He asked them.

"She said she was going to see her father. They were on the bridge." Hermione said, looking out.

Harry followed her gaze and shielded his eyes from the sun but there was nobody out there.

"Harry."

He turned around to see Luna standing behind them. She smiled at the trio softly and handed him an envelope.

"She told me not to give this to you until after it was over. She knew you would win." She shrugged and left the three friends standing confused.

"Well open it." Ron insisted.

Harry quickly did as he was told, unfolding the note written in gorgeous cursive.

Harry,

Well, look at that. You did it. I always knew you could. I'm sorry it had to end the way and I'm even more sorry I couldn't say good-bye. But I knew you would all try and stop me and this was just something I couldn't bare.

The pain is imaginable. We all know I'm dying and I'm too stubborn to stop moving so, I decided to end it the only way I knew how.

I don't remember anything. Or anyone.

That potion I took, I created it. It wipes out trauma and most things to do with it. Tricky, as I could end up as a vegetable and such but, you'll just have to come and find me to find out if that's what happened.

But honestly. Don't. You need to live your life as a normal man, the way you should have been a normal boy. Or a least whatever the wizarding world's version of normal is.

Just know that I will always carry you in my heart. Whether I know you, or don't know you. You're still my idiot. Still, Hermione may have told me but you... you're the one who convinced me you were all right.

Tell Hermione this is in no way anyone's fault, least of all hers. She's my best friend and I think she'll get on perfectly fine without me.

As for Ron, tell him not to be stupid. He won't find another Hermione anywhere. And make sure that kind heart of his doesn't grow cold.

Give the two love bird's my love.

I love you all with everything I am.

Love, Cora.

Harry swallowed hard and handed Hermione the note once he was done reading. Hermione whimpered and Harry turned away, looking off into the beyond. She could have been anywhere.

"What are you gonna do?" Ron asked.

Harry thought about it. He could live his life. He could be the man... the normal man he always wanted to be. But after everything... seven years of this... magic... he wanted nothing less than to simply be with those he loved. And that included Cora.

"I'm going to find her." He said, looking at his friends.

"Harry if she doesn't want to be found..." Hermione sniffed.

"I don't care how long it takes. I'll find her." He replied.

"Whatever you need, Mate. I'm here." Ron said.

"Me too." Hermione handed the note back and Harry put it back in the envelope. He tucked it into his pocket and sighed.

Just another adventure. And the goal was well worth it.