Sixteen

"Hey, listen up you lot. I've got a surprise for you all." Neville called.

The four of us stayed hidden and quiet behind him.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we can digest it." Seamus' whining was music to my ear.

Neville stepped out of the way and Harry was the first one they saw. A crowd grew as everyone clapped. Harry got down from the portrait and I jumped after him, looking around at the large room.

So many students, of every year, every house, they were there to support Harry. Many were beaten and looked dreadful but their faces were brighter than anything after we arrived. Lavender hugged me and I noticed Luna. She still looked terrible but at the sight of us, the relief was obvious. I nodded her way and she gave me a thumbs up before clapping some more.

More hugs were passed around and anyone who seemed to be an enemy was now a friend. It was nice to know there were these many people ready for us.

"Okay, okay! Let's not kill him before You-Know-Who gets a chance!" Neville exclaimed, quieting everyone down.

"D.A do you read? We have a new report, lightning has struck, I repeat, lightning has struck." A boy called loudly over a microphone.

"What's the plan, Harry?" Neville asked.

The expecting eyes were a lot and the mood shifted between the four of us. Everyone looked awful and it was clear we weren't the only ones to go through hell in the past few months.

"Okay..." Harry started unsurely. "There's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat You-Know-Who."

"Right. What is it?" Neville asked.

"We don't know." Harry answered honestly.

The mood in the room changed and the sudden fear of being mauled made my breathing stop for a moment.

"Where is it?" Neville continued.

"We don't know that either." Harry said. "I know it's not much to go on."

"It's nothing to go on." Seamus spat.

"We think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Um... it'll be small... easily concealed. Anyone any ideas."

There was silence for a moment before Luna spoke. "Well there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem.

"Oh bloody hell, here we go." Ron grumbled.

I elbowed him and he groaned.

"Lost Diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anybody heard of it? It's quite famous." Her voice was so high and soft, I couldn't help but feel terrible for her.

"Yes but Luna it's there in the title. Lost." I said gently.

"Yes, for centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it." Cho said.

"Excuse me but can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron interrupted.

"It's a sort of crown. You know, like a tiara." Cho explained.

The doors rumbled and the crowd split in two to reveal Ginny. She saw us and smiled but then it was gone quickly as something was realized.

"Ginny?" I stepped forward. "What's wrong?"

"Snape knows. He knows that Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade." She said quickly.

Everyone turned to look at us and I knew this was one of the worst things that could happen. There was no way we could move through the school even with an invisibility cloak now.