Fifteen

We didn't bother setting up the tent. Nightfall was coming quickly and we really just needed a moment to rest. Nobody had spoken many words since mum contacted me and the closer the time came, the more my heart hammered in my chest.

I still had my potions on me. And the more minutes that passed, the more I wanted to forget everything. I knew I would want to forget the fight we were about to enter.

"Hey."

I looked up and smiled softly, seeing Ron shove his hands into his pockets next to me. I crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked out to the lake.

"Look at where we've arrived..." He mumbled.

"Strange isn't it?" I scoffed.

"The real strange thing is a Malfoy and a Weasley fighting side by side." Ron chuckled.

"Oh absolutely. Us Malfoy's are just terrible, selfish people." I joked.

"Almost all of you."

I looked up at him and he smiled slightly.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"I just wanted to say sorry. I said a lot of things about you behind your back." He said.

I laughed. "Thanks?"

"Just had to uh... get that out." He nodded and walked away, leaving me alone to my thoughts again.

Hermione better marry that man, I thought.

I sat down, crossing my legs to get comfortable as I peered out to the horizon. Harry's presence was easy to recognize and suddenly I felt like I could breathe easier. Still, I didn't look at him.

"Your mother got into your head." He said.

"You still thinking about this?" I asked quietly.

"What if Voldemort does the same. To you?" He asked cautiously.

"He can't." I shrugged and finally looked his way. "Mum put a spell on me. She's protecting my mind as we speak. That's why it hurt so much when she contacted me, she had to break the spell from the manor."

"Did you know?"

"That she did that? No. Mum's a skilled witch when it comes to anything regarding protection so I'm not surprised. But I didn't know." I replied.

"Why would she help us? She's on his side." Harry said.

"She's also on mine."

He nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. A blush crept up my neck and I couldn't stop it from reaching my cheeks.

"Last night was... incredible." He said. The blush grew and I glanced back to see Hermione and Ron far away from us. They couldn't hear us but it felt like Harry just screamed that.

"It was." I breathed, unable to stop smiling.

"Marry me."

My breath hitched. "W-what?"

"Like we said, we're the only thing standing in our way." He said.

"Not at the moment." I frowned. "Did you forget the big bad wizard with the Elder Wand who is ready to kill us and everyone at Hogwarts?"

Harry chuckled. "After, I mean."

"Harry-"

"Don't answer. Think on it." He slid his hand into mine and I wanted to scream. "You're alright, Malfoy."

I chuckled softly. "You're not so bad yourself, Potter."

Marry him. He wanted... Harry Potter just asked me to marry him...