Chapter 7: Ascension

-Let's go everyone! 1, 2, 1, 2-

-Shut up, Akane, people aren't all athletic like you.

-Young master, if you're tired, I can take you on my back.

-Wha- No! I can walk by myself just fine. And you're the one who's gonna end up tired if you do...

As the boy named Fuyuhiko muttered his last sentence, he picked up the pace, his face visibly red, even if he tried to hide it. Embarassed, huh? I don't really understand this feeling. I never really felt it.

-I think you did though.

Ah, you're back... What do you mean by that?

-With him~

I frowned my eyes. What? 

-*Sigh*, you can't even acknowledge that... You should be honest with yourself, you know. You have feelings, like everyone else, so why do you stubbornly hide under the fact that you're supposedly better than others? 

I don't know what you're talking about.

-I know that all these talents you have came with a price, and I know it isn't easy for you anymore, but... You feel it right? Something different. He already changed you. And you're still changing. Now it's your turn to makes efforts, don't you think?

... This is pointless.

-No it's not! You're wrong! Fight for your future. There's never only one choice to make. So don't think fighting against what have been determined for you is pointless. 

...

-You can do it for her at least. 

Shut up! 

I stopped on my tracks and put a hand to my face. I calmed down, but he was already gone. I looked around me, to see that the others were nowhere to be seen. The most logical explication was that I walked faster without noticing and now I was way in front. I decided to sit down waiting for them. 

... I don't even remember her face anymore... Doing it for her huh?

~I want you to live your life on your free will. Do what you want to do, okay? I'm sure you'll find happiness that way. And forget about me. You don't need me anymore. Find someone else who'll make your heart flutter in my place... okay?~

Hmmm... 

Life is boring. 

But, could it be possible to change my outcome. Maybe. Maybe if I... To him.

Not for her. For myself. Just like she wanted.

.

.

.

As I chose what I would do, I saw the others arriving where I was.

-Hey, Izuru! 

The girl Akane, who was walking in the front approached me.

-You're so good at this, you climbed it so fast!

I looked away, a little annoyed, and looked at the others. After Akane, there was the big guy, Nekomaru, carrying Chiaki, who seemed to be asleep. Then the girl named Peko and Fuyuhiko. I watched everyone pass me, and saw that he was missing.

-Where's Nagito?

Mahiru, who was walking in the back with girl with pigtails, I forgot her name, turned around to tell me:

-Hmmm... He went back to help Ryota. He's not really athletic and he fell behind. I wanted to help too, but he said that he would do it by himself. He said they would catch up later, but I'm still worried...