Chapter 4: Entertwined

-*Cough* *Cough*

Ah, I feel bad. Running like that wasn't a good idea. I hate running anyway, so why did I have to catch up on Izuru-chan? I started to cough again, and had to hold on a bookshelf. 

...

It'll pass, I'll feel better tomorrow. For now, I'll just stay in the library until classes end. Ah, I'll cause problems to my teacher and classmates, if I skip though... I just don't feel like going back where all the noises will come attack me... I sat down behind the bookshelf I had held on to and chose one of the books next to me. Yellow Carnation was the title. Carnations are flowers that represents different things depending what colors they are. Yellow ones means... disdain or rejection. That means it'll probably a romance drama or something like that. Not really my type of books, but I'm probably in the romance section then, so they'll all be the same. I don't want to stand up... I'll just read it then. Yellow carnation... It's strange that an happy color like yellow would mean something like that right? Not that it looks really vivid for me anyway, all the colors having a slight grey tone to it now.

I opened the book, letting my mind drift by the calmness of the library. I then heard the door opening. I shrugged and stayed in place, not moving. I hope this person won't come here. I felt the shadow passing close, living me shivering before seeing who it was.

[*...*]

-Izuru-chan?

He had said it in a somewhat low voice... maybe a little raspy. Like I thought, he doesn't seem fine. I sighed:

-You should just go rest, if you don't feel good.

-Ah, I'm fine, you don't have to worry about someone like me.

I stared at him, waiting. He then looked down.

-I would feel bad to leave school...

I raised an eyebrow:

-You still miss your classes though.

-Ah, you're right...

He bit his lips. I sighed agin, and sat down next to him. He looked back at me, eyes widened in surprise.

-Izuru-chan?

-... I don't feel like going to class anyway.

I grabbed one of the books and opened it. He stared a little longer, before going back to his book. I had a glimpse of a small grin on his face before he hid it with his book. We read in silence for a while, but I gave up. Too boring. I looked back at him. He was harboring a relaxed smile, concentrated in his reading. Yellow carnation... the title of his book. I wonder, if it's that type of books he likes. The yellow carnation represents disdain. Doesn't really fit him. I would see more of a white one for him. Representing innocence and pure love. I stared a little longer, he didn't notice. I tried to go back to my own book. Not really successful. I looked back at him. His eyes were half-closed and he started nodding off. Just as he fell asleep, I cought him and layed him on my shoulder. How could he fall asleep sitting against a book shelf? I sighed, and opened another book.

*///*

[*...*]

As I thought, I feel much better today. After my nap in the library, I went back to my room, and slept all troughout the night. Izuru-chan stayed with when I was feeling bad. He really is too nice. I looked at the clock: 8:23. I guess I can go take breakfast. There isn't school today, but I'm really hungry. Well I didn't eat last night. I stood up, put some comfortable clothes, with my favorite vest, the green one with red markings, and headed to the dining hall of our dorm. Sitting there was Izuru-chan, drinking coffee, as cool as ever.