Chapter 5: Tropical Island

The sound of the wind. My eyes closed. Letting myself be rocked by the waves, back and forth. The ocean is one of the only things that I don't find boring, because we're never sure what exactly their next movement will be. One of the only things I can't predict.  Then a sudden wavering under me.

-?

-Hyahhhhhhhh!

-?!

Splash!

I stood up at once, now all soaked. Someone had overturned my inflatable tube, me who only wanted to relax. I moved my hair, now way too heavy, off my face to see the girl named Ibuki laughing at me.

-Pfff hahaha, you should see your face! 

I frowned. Another girl named Mahiru approached us, an apologetic look on her face:

-Well at least you can enjoy the water.

-Yeah, Izuru, you should swim we're at the beach after all!

I sighed and set off toward the beach. 

[*...*]

-Here Miss Sonia, the drink you asked me to bring.

-Thanks, Nagito!

She smiled and took it off my hands. I put them behind my back and looked at the ocean. Everyone was having a lot of fun. Most of my classmates were swimming, of course, it's only natural, we're at the beach after all. Gundham, Sonia and Kazuichi had stayed on the beach though. Sonia was laying on a deck chair, under a large parasol, Kazuichi making her some wind with large leaves. Well, she is the Ultimate Princess. I kind of ended up helping out. I don't mind, if I can be a stepping stone for Hope, I'll do all I can to be of some help to the Ultimates. Gundham was wandering a little further, in the same clothes he always wears. He must be hot with this coat and scarf... Honestly I think it's because he doesn't know how to swim, but moving on.

You could be wondering how we ended up here. Well it's simple really. It's summer break. And Mahiru, following Ibuki's idea, organised a trip to the beach for our class. And Chiaki-san was kind enough to invite me. 

-Hey, knock it off, Peko.

I turned around, to see Peko and Fuyuhiko not far.

-Haha, young master should swim, we're at the beach, enjoy yourself!

-Tch-

She splashed water onto him.

-Hey, you...

He then playfully started to fight her. Peko was smiling brightly. I don't see her smile a lot, that's nice to see. Now that I think about it, Peko has red eyes as well, like Izuru, but... why can't I see the same tone that in his eyes. 

At that moment, the one on my mind just happened to come my way.

-Izuru-chan~

He lifted his eyes, even he couldn't really see with all the hair in his face. I giggled at that sight, making him raise one eyebrow.

-We can't even see your face!

He sighed, putting a hand in his hair.

-I'll just go back to the cottage for now... It will be a pain to untangle...

-Oh, hmm, i-if you want, I could help you...

He raised his eyes again.

-Ahh, I got ahead of myself. For me to touch such a beautiful hair, it's...

-... That's fine.

He then grabbed my hand and pulled me to the cottage. H-He's holding my hand. I was probably harboring my usual nervous smile at that moment.