Chapter 68 ~ Tough Luna

Frustration buzzed into the future Luna of Black Devil, current daughter of the Alpha of Full Moon. From a distance, she could hear the noises of the pack busy with their morning chores and could distinguish the smell of sickness coming from the hospital, where she had been forced to stay. Apparently, her sweet mate had ordered six guards to keep her locked up inside, segregated like a comfortable prisoner. Like a canary in a golden cage.

Getting irritated more and more by the minute, the girl even snarled at two of the numerous nurses and doctors who assisted her for one reason or another, then feeling guilty soon after. An interesting detail: they were all strictly females. The same applied to the guards outside the door. All big, muscular women, with looks so ferocious that Frerea was an innocent kitten in comparison.

After what seemed like an eternity but probably only another minute had passed, the Luna went out of bed with an impatient snort, checking those bothersome and unfair wounds across her body. The infections had almost healed, the scratches had disappeared, and dizziness had vanished.

She wondered why Mirko had not returned yet...did he go somewhere? Did he capture the two psychotic females and punish the border guards that had manhandled her? Did he even know about all that? Or was he busy with something more important than her?

Raised in the world of werewolves, the future Luna was not shocked by the beating she had unfairly received, and night spent in that hellish dump, next to Alpha Ciro's cell.

Lunatic Ciro who had babbled all night long about ridiculousness of all sorts, threatening her to no end and taking advantage of various words and obscenities, some of which Elena had never heard of and of which she did not even want to imagine the meaning.

Despite the suffering, it was all worth it....in fact, Elena had an excuse to beat up that dull excuse of a wolf called Cornelia by a mother who would have been ashamed of her daughter's actions. Cornelia, who had touched Mirko and had intimacy before Elena could.

Extreme annoyance and fury with a hint of impatience and a pinch of violence had created an explosive mixture inside Elena since she had awakened.

A wave of hatred was growing inside her like an unwanted child, and that bloody fury was not coming from her. It did not belong to her.

Her veins had overheated and her blood was boiling. Little snarls escaped her lips from time to time, unknowingly.

The heavy breathing of the guards outside her door made her feel like a host held captive by her future pack, spraying alcohol on the explosive mixture ...

Those alien emotions were interrupted by a familiar scent, and before her drug-slowed brain could identify the owner, the door swung open.

"Oh my sweet Moon Goddess!!!"

The shrill scream startled Elena, unaccustomed to loud noises since she had been forced to rest and waste her time there.

Marco was at the door. His hair still wet from a recent shower, a t-shirt hugged his tense muscles, and pink shorts with little yellow bananas covered his legs. His neck flaunted the love and possessiveness of his mate: one side was covered with recent hickeys and light bites that were already healing. His mark occupied the other half of the neck and had taken on a dark purple colour. That was how the beasts marked their territory.

Marco's entire image and posture made her giggle, forgetting for a moment where she was, what she was boiling inside of her, and the events of the day before.

A microsecond later, Marco came upon her, plunging her into one of his famous bear hugs.

"What happened to my baby?" The Beta exclaimed, taking her cheeks in his large hands, moving her face from side to side and then up and down, with a worried expression and furrowed brows. Without letting her speak, Marco began kissing her forehead and cheeks like a father would do to a daughter who just fell off a bike. Worry and anxiety were intertwined with his facial features.