Chapter 61 ~ Something's Wrong

A few notes to clarify some of your doubts:

I know you think Mirko can feel Elena's emotions since she marked him ... and in a way yes, he does, but don't forget it's Mirko, soooo ... you'll see why.

Also, don't forget that the mating process hasn't been completed, so they can't mind link yet! And they can't fully feel the emotions of one and the other ... not too much at least !! Not until they have completed the mating and until Mirko marks her too! Also Elena can't mind link Marco because he is already part of Black Devil and Elena not yet. 

Also when you are inside Black Devil, you cannot mind link other packs.

~~~~~~~

When Mirko was returning to his pack, the sun was still hiding behind the treetops, playing hide and seek with the world. A flock of birds, each just large enough to be considered a mere appetizer, passed by the Alpha...keeping a safe distance.

Unable to remain in an enclosed space with all that built-up pressure, that tension now part of his daily routine, Mirko had gone running to far-away lands, where the gaia was still in charge, where the filthy arms of human development had not yet reached those wild places...

In those lands, his primal instincts could be unleashed. In those lands, he was granted the liberty to truly be himself, a dominant Alpha Wolf. In those lands, he could whiz through the forest, undisturbed, paw after paw, embracing that feeling of sheer freedom.

In those lands, he could hunt as much as he wanted, unleashing the kraken (Craken) in all his ravenous might.

Mirko had always treasured those moments... however, there was something wrong that night...

Certain inexplicable facts had happened.

The Alpha had begun to feel a discomfort on his neck and chest. It all started with a little pinch, as if a nagging tick had decided to spend time feasting on his blood. Eventually it had turned into something almost painful, accentuating the mixture of frown and confusion that marred the young man's face.

Neither Mirko nor Craken had the faintest idea why.

Neither Mirko nor Craken had been well informed about the 'mate bond' subject, growing up in an extremely chauvinist pack... they had not even bothered to learn more about how the mate bond worked and all the implications behind certain signals, such as feeling pain coming from the mark, discomfort, and so on.

Neither Mirko nor Craken had the slightest idea that, during that nocturnal escapade, their mate was being mistreated in their own territory.

As far as Mirko knew, Elena was safe in Full Moon pack. The six guards he had posted around the perimeter were keeping him updated.

Those men were aware that their life would end when they failed to protect their future Luna, hence they took the job more than seriously...as a matter of life or death. Literally.

In the end, both the human and the wolf side agreed that the pain on his neck must be the mark pushing him to mark his mate....

Oh, Black Alpha was about to realise how wrong he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Mirko was close to Black Devil, he marched to his personal shower: the lake. Already filled with a fresh deer caught on the way back, he intended to go get his mate as soon as the sun came out from behind the trees and never leave her side again.

Hope and peace were the feelings that Mirko should have felt, so close to starting a new life with his predestined mate... but no. The mark spot was so hot and red that even Mirko, almost immune to pain after his rough childhood, could feel it. Not quite physically but almost ... on an emotional level.