Two

Y/N's POV

I woke up to my alarm going off. I turned it off and got up. I walk with a slight limp to my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had a black eye. I lifted up my shirt to reveal dark bruises.

I put on some makeup to cover up my eye. I looked at my arm and saw some bruises. I put on a sweatshirt. Then I went downstairs and grabbed my school stuff.

My dad was on the couch watching TV. I made my way towards the door, "Where do you think you're going?" He growled.

"To school." I answered.

"You didn't make breakfast."

"I'm not hungry—"

"I wasn't suggesting it for you." He cut me off.

"I can't, or I'll be late for school." I tried to open the door, but he quickly got up and came over to me.

"Do you want to try that again?" He glared at me.

I sighed, "I'll go make some breakfast." I walked towards the kitchen, and made him breakfast.

It's Friday, the worst day of the week. My dad will be home when I do. And then I'm stuck with him over the weekend. It's rare if I don't get a beating.

After I finished making breakfast, I started to walk to the school. I walked with a slight limp because of yesterday. It hurt a lot, but I've learned to hide my pain. Physically...and mentally.

I got to the school about 10 minutes later. I slowly walked up the steps, using the railing for support. I got to the top and kept walking towards the front.

"Y/n! Come walk with us!" I turned my head and saw Darla.

I gave her a smile, and came and walked over towards her. I actually just wanted to cry.

She came closer to me and gave me a hug, "It's so good to see you again!"

I winced as she hugged me tightly, "You too." I kept on my smile.

"Okay, Darla, I think that's enough hugging." Freddy pulls her off of me.

"Okay." She still smiled. She really has a pure heart. I hope she stays that way.

"You okay?" Billy came over and asked me.

"Yeah, just tired." I assured him.

Tired of lying.

"You sure?" He lifted an eyebrow.

"Yes."

No.

We all started walking towards the school again. We went past security and then we went our separate ways. I followed Freddy to our first class.

Billy and I are on our way to the lunch room. We got our food and started walking back to our table.

Billy's POV

I looked over at y/n. I looked down at her leg, and then back up at her, "Are you limping?" I asked her.

She suddenly tensed up, "N-no." She answered.