One

Y/N's POV

Eight years later...

I ran as fast as I could to the new school. I woke up late and missed the bus. I looked down at my phone for the directions.

I few minutes later I turned another corner, and there was the school. I slowed down just a little bit, but I was still running. I was supposed to be here five minutes ago because I still have to get my schedule and locker combination.

I ran past this one family, or group of friends, I wasn't really sure. I noticed that one of them had a walking stick. I accidentally hit one of their bags, "Sorry!" I call out.

"It's no big deal." I heard him say.

I ran into the school. I waited through security and they checked my bag as I scanned in. I grabbed my bag and walked into the office, "Hi, I'm new." I told the lady at the front desk.

"Yes, you must be y/f/n y/l/n! Welcome to this school." She gave me a smile as I walked up to her, "We have about 2,000 kids in this school, so I'm sure you'll make some friends very quickly."

"Thanks. My last school had about four thousand kids. It was so crowded there, so this is pretty nice." I gave her a smile in return.

"Well, it's New York, so I wouldn't be surprised." She laughed lightly as she handed me some papers, "That's your time table, your first class is just down that hall. And this is your locker number as well as it's combination. It's in the same hall as your first class" she explained, "Good luck on your first day!"

"Thank you, ma'am." I said as I took the papers. I walked through the office door and back out to the hallway.

I walked down the hallway that she said my first class was in. I found my locker, but I didn't have anything to put in it yet, so I just kept going to my first class.

I got in the class and sat in the very back row. I noticed another boy walk into class. It was the one with the walker that I noticed this morning. He came and sat in the desk next to me. I was a little surprised because usually people don't really bother to notice me. He must have seen my expression, "You can get up and find another desk. I won't be offended." He whispered.

"I'm sorry?" I looked up him, confused.

"Well, you see, most kids leave whenever I sit by them. So..." He trailed off.

"Well, I'm not like most kids." I told him then I mumbled, "Literally."

"What was that?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing." I paused, "I'm y/n. I'm new here." I stretch out my hand.

"Freddy. I'm the disabled kid." He shook my hand.

"I'm sorry to hear. It's nice meeting though." I give a sympathetic smile.

"You too." He smiled back before we turned our heads up to the front when we heard the teacher start the lesson.

I had one last class until my lunch break. I was speed walking because I had absolutely no idea where I was going.

I turned the corner and BOOM! I fall onto my butt, "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you coming around the corner." I told the other person.