002 | the mechanic

ii

ii. Promise I'm nothing special
in fact I'm a bit of a bore

"LEFT," ALLANA YELLED AS THEY  approached a specific dune she noticed. Mando listened to her.

The engines revved as they sped through the sand, him slowly getting more comfortable to the fact that she had her arms wrapped tightly around him as to not get stuck.

Allana tapped him twice, signalling for him to stop so both speeders did as the bikes powered down and Calican stepped off.

"What's going on?" He asked and Allana sighed.

"Look up ahead," she said, gesturing to the banthas in the distance. Mando stepped off aswell, helping Allana.

"Thanks," she said, her voice coming off as a whisper as they walked closer to the edge to get a better look.

"Tusken Raiders, I heard the locals talking about this filth," Calican said and Allana scoffed.

"They don't bother you if you don't bother them," she said under her breath.

"Tuskens think they're the locals," Mando said and Allana sighed.

"Cause they are, you want a whole maker-damn history lesson because they were here at least 280 years before humans,' Allana said and both of them looked at her.

"Just saying,' she stated, holding her hands up in defense.

"Whatever they call themselves, they best keep their distance," he said and Allana clenched her hands into a ball, small red sparks flying between them.

"Why don't you just keep a distance, we are on their land," she stated and then two approached, standing behind them.

They yelled, staffs in hand as they watched Calican.

"Relax hot shot," she said, doing some hand gestures towards them, making them understand her.

Calican looked at her confused and Mando looked annoyed, he was just about to do the same thing, understanding everything she was saying to them.

They talked to each other and Calican looked at her.

"She's negotiating, making sure you don't get your ass kicked," he said and Allana chuckles to herself as they started replying back with the hand signals and the three had a small conversation.

"What is going on?" Calican asked and Allana clenched her jaw, trying not to smack this guy into hyperspace.

"We need passage across their land," she said as she made a few more hand gestures with them.

"Let me see the binoculars," Mando said and Calican asked why, obviously not willing to co-operate before handing it to the Tusken Raiders.

Allana thanked them before getting on the bike behind Mando, wrapping her arms around his waist again.