Chapter 128: Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

[Though it's been a while now
I can still feel so much pain
Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals
But the scar, that scar remains]

      Me and Via have been home for while as I tried to keep my distance between me and Stacey. It was a shocker she wasn't there, since she practically doesn't leave Niall's sight. I kept myself busy by taking care of Via and cleaning around the house. I made dinner, a frozen pizza that Harry would be able to eat as well. 

      Later that night, after the boys had arrived and Via was being fed with the rest of the boys, Niall walked in, followed by none other than Stacey. He laughed with her, removing his jacket as we remained quiet and waited for them to come in. Niall and Stacey came in, smiling and stopping in front of us. "Oh, hey lads. Didn't know you were comin'." Niall said, a greeting smile on his lips.

      "Yeah, came to see Em and Via." Zayn nodded, putting down his glass. 

      "Oh, well ya coulda called. I coulda been here for when ya got here." Niall said, sitting in the empty seat with Stacey.

      "Cut the bullshit, lad." Louis spat. "Did you know Via crawled for the first time today?" 

      Niall's smile fell. "She.. She did?"

      "Mhm. And we were here to see it." Liam said. "Now where were you?"

      "I.. We went to the shops." Niall stuttered.

      "Why." Harry said immediately. It was odd to see them all so serious about this. Of course, I knew they cared about me and Via, but I didn't want us to get in the way of their friendship. They had too many times together to throw away because he wasn't here. 

      "We.. We went to get some things." He explained, motioning to Stacey. "Stace said that she wanted to take some things back to her family." 

      "Stace?" Louis questioned, nodding sarcastically. "Well, because of Miss Stace, you missed your daughter's first crawling. You know how big of a milestone that is?" 

      "Don't talk about Stacey like that." Niall defended. I bit my lip, crossing my arms and clearing my throat, trying to ignore the lump in my throat.

      I looked at Harry, giving him a small smile and nod. He nodded, standing up and walking around the table and grabbing Via before taking her upstairs. "Niall." I said. He looked at me. "Can I ask, when's Via's birthday?"

      He scoffs, "Seriously, Emily? Why the hell--"

      "Just answer the question." 

      Niall sighs, leaning back in his seat as Harry came back. "October 3rd." 

      I scoffed, shaking my head. "Unbelievable." I muttered. "October 10th. Niall." His face visibly falls as he gulps. "What's her full name?" 

      "Emily, these questions are--"

      "Olivia Josephine Idamar Horan. Olivia after the boys, Josephine after my Grampa, Idamar after my Gramma after we decided that if we were to have another kid, a boy preferably, you'd chose the name." I glared.

      Niall remained silent, staring at me. I couldn't tell the emotions that were in his eyes. Over time, I haven't even been able to know if he was happy or not.

      I sighed, dropping my arms and stood up, "I'm going to Yomara's. Don't wait up." I left the table and went upstairs, grabbing Via and walking out of the door. 

      On the way to Yomara's, I kept rethinking all the times that I had tried to forgive Niall, but had no reason to. Why am I so stubborn? Why can't I just accept the fact that I know what's going on between Stacey and Niall. It's not like they try and hide it either. Just because I'm a mom now doesn't mean that I don't check my phone. I see the posts. I see the comments. I see how happy he is with her. I notice the little changes in his attitude when I try talking to him.

      My vision began to blur as I pulled into Yomara's driveway. I messaged her, asking her to come out to take Via inside. I didn't want Ash or Tom to see me this way. I already feel bad for putting so much on her shoulders, I'd just feel even worse to put more on Ash and Tom. When she came out, she wasted no time in wrapping her arms around me and comforting me.

      "He.. He didn't even know her birthday." I cried.

      "It's alright.." She comforted, rubbing my back. 

      Once Via and Yomara had gone inside, I got back in my car and drove away. I hated leaving Via, but I hated crying in front of her even more. Via deserved so much more than what I could give her, than what Niall could give her. Maybe I wasn't ready for motherhood after all. 

      I ended up pulling to the side of the road and turning off the car. And then I cried. And cried. As much as I know that Niall isn't worth any of it, I still gave him the best of me for three whole years. And what did I get in return? Manipulation that cheating was okay, and being cheated on myself. It feels like a knife that I swore was gone came back and cut through all the once healed wounds. The wounds that my past left, and were healed by Niall, only to be cut open again by him.

      I hated him with everything in me at this very moment. He was the cause of my heart breaking again and the cause of these useless tears that were falling one after the last. 

      I finally calmed down, now only hiccuping with dried tears down my cheeks and my eyes burning. The only way to stop the pain was to end this entire relationship. He can have the house. He can have the photos. He can have them all. I just want out. I'm taking Via and we're leaving. Back home where I belong and where I should've stayed. 

------

[Every Rose Has Its Thorn- Poison]

------

A/N:

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL LOVELIES

ngl, i really don't know what to say after this other than it was meant to happen. i was thinking of emily just killing stacey, but that would've been too brutal. KSLJGSAJH anyway, hope you all are having an amazing day/night and i'll talk to you all later!!

also, please leave your predictions, reactions, everything! i wanna see how you all are taking this because i know im not taking it well :)

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx