9

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Heir of Slytherin

"The What If's and the Should Have's will eat your brain."

Corridor

Moments later, Liv was crying as she ranted to Harry, and he reluctantly listened before they almost stormed straight into Hagrid, who stood covered in snow, a dead rooster dangling from his hand. The Twins stared at him in utter confusion. "All righ' Harry and Liv?" Hagrid asked.

"Hagrid...what are you doing?" Liv asked softly, her eyes still tear eyed.

Then Hagrid held up the rooster with a smile. "Second one killed this term. Reckon it's either foxes or a Blood-Suckin' Bugbear. Need Dumbledore's permission ter put a charm round the hen-coop. Yeh sure yeh're all righ', Twins? Yeh look all hot an' bothered, and Liv, yeh're cryin'," Hagrid said, then Liv wiped away her tears.

"It's nothing really. Liv and I are just frustrated with our studies," Harry said.

"I should probably go study anyhow," Liv said.

"I'll take you back to your dormitory," Harry said before he and Liv began to walk off.

————

When Harry and Liv turned the corner, they were surprised to see Nearly Headless Nick, petrified with his head partially detached and floating in place. Liv gasped as Harry intensely watched the scene.

On the floor, just a few feet away was Justin Finch-Fletchey, also petrified. "Oh my Merlin," Liv whispered as Harry kneeled down to examine his stiff body.

As he did, Filch walked out of a doorway behind them. "Caught in the act!" Filch snapped, which caused Harry and Liv to quickly face him in horror. "I'll have you out this time, Potters. Mark my words."

He grinned wickedly before he walked out as Liv stared at him in annoyance. "No, Mr. Filch! Y-Y-You don't understand-" Harry started to say but was cut off when Liv started to slap his arm urgently.

"Harry- look," she then pointed at another group of spiders scurrying away over the wall and out a window.

As Harry walked up to the window, Filch returned, accompanied by Professor McGonagall, who gasped in shock at the sight of Justin. Liv and Harry faced her as she approached Justin, then she glanced up at the Twins from his body. "Professor. I swear, we didn't," Harry said.

"This is out of my hands, Potter," McGonagall said.

Gargoyle Corridor

Moments later, McGonagall marched Harry and Liv down to an ugly stone Gargoyle. "Sherbet lemon," McGonagall said and the Gargoyle sprung to life, it's wings opening. "Professor Dumbedore will be waiting for you," McGonagall said before she ushered them inside. They looked up to see a golden staircase swinging around, so they slowly walked up, as the Gargoyle's wings closed.

Dumbledore's Office

Harry and Liv stepped out of the Gargoyle's embrace and entered a large, circular room to see strange silver instruments whirred quietly.

On a nearby shelf, the sorting hat sat. Harry cast a wary eye at the past Headmasters snoozing in the portraits around him and Liv.

In the last portrait, the Headmaster was awake, reading a book. He was Professor Dippet.

As Liv stared at the other portraits, Harry approached the Sorting Hat, questioningly. "Bee in your bonnet, Potter?" The sorting hat asked, which caused Liv to look back at Harry, to see what he was up to.