ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔢𝔫

Mark had a hard time believing that the evil entity that was in the house looked exactly like him. He was trying to figure out how that was possible, at the same time he had to make a decision. Mark's heart pounded while he grabbed the scrapbook and walked up the stairs. He was so deep in thought when he suddenly ran into Amy, who groaned and stepped back. She looked at her fiancé and saw the worry on his face.

"Mark?" She said. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing Amy, what are you doing out of bed?" He asked.

"I came out to check on you, you hadn't returned to the room," she continued. "Has something happened?" Mark was about to say something when Amy noticed the scrapbook in his hand. "What's that?"

"Uh..." said Mark. "It's um....nothing," Mark tried to walk away however, Amy grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"Stop playing with me Mark Edward Fischbach! I've had enough of your games,"

"What are you talking about babe? What game?" He said as his stomach turned.

"Oh don't pretend like you don't know," she responded. "I know what's going on here," Amy had been tired of waiting for Mark to tell her. If she was going to spend the rest of her life with him then they should be able to tell each other everything.

"You do?" He said nervously.

"Getting up late at night, experiencing sleep paralysis? Talking to someone who isn't there," Amy said. "Finding strange things that you don't normally find?"

"Where are you going with this?" Said Mark he was tired of hearing what Amy was saying. He had been wondering if she knew about his secret and so far she was on point.

"You can see and talk to spirits Mark," says Amy. "I've been noticing it for a while now since we got together,"

"Amy I can explain," Mark spoke. "I didn't want to tell you the truth because I thought you'd laugh in my face,"

"Seriously?" She questioned. "Mark I know what your going through, I know that there's been strange paranormal phenomena around here I even sensed that there was a spirit standing in the kitchen when we first moved in," she continued. "I'm an empath Mark, I can sense the feeling of others," Mark's mouth dropped open. He had known Amy for years since they had gone out and now that he found out his fiancé had almost the same abilities as him, Mark felt it was better for the two of them to be opened with each other rather than keeping things a secret.

"Okay," says Mark. "Your right," Mark looked down but took a deep breath so he could talk to his fiancé. "Since you already know what I can do, I want to let you know that I've been trying to help a spirit crossover,"

"Do you know the name of the spirit?" Amy asked. Mark nodded his head and sat the scrapbook down.

"His name is Sean McLoughlin," says Mark. "In the 1920s he was murdered by someone who was linked to the shadow murders,"

"The what?" Asks Amy.

"Shadow murders, I've been trying to find evidence about who killed Sean and I'm getting closer, all I need to do is look at this scrapbook to find evidence," responds Mark.

"Is he here?" Amy questioned "like now?"

"No," says Mark. "Something happened to him tonight, I have 24 hours to figure out the truth before I make my way toward the cemetery,"

"Mark! Don't do that!" Amy exclaimed. "What does this other entity want from you?"

"My body and my powers," Mark said. "That's why I have to figure out the truth before it's too late,"

"Then what are we waiting for?" Said Amy happily ready to help her fiancé or at whatever the cost. Before Mark and Amy could say anything else, Mark heard the shower turn on. He jumped in fright as he raced over to the bathroom which had been coming from the master bathroom. Pushing the door open he entered the darkness at the same time lightning flashed outside. Mark looked around the room just as he noticed the outline of a figure standing in the shower. Slowly, Mark made his way over there and grabbed the shower curtain, Amy entered the room after him at the same time he pulled the curtains back lightning flashed once again as Mark saw Sean standing in the shower with the water running.

"Mark!" He said with a raspy voice. "Help me!" A cry rang out from Sean's spirit making Mark step back in fear. The same evil entity appeared by Sean and laughed evilly at him.

"You have twenty four hours Mark, until you show up, I will continuously hurt him and by the time you get here there won't be any goodness left," he continued at the same time Mark felt pain spread throughout his body until he groaned in pain and knelt at the ground with his hands clutching his chest. The entity laughed evilly and backed into the darkness, dragging Sean's spirit after him.

Amy knelt at Mark's side and helped guide him into their bedroom. Mark could barely breathe as he was trying not to think about what he saw. Sean was in danger and he had to figure out who that figure was and why it had looked so much like him,

"Mark what happened?! Are you having a heart attack?!" Exclaimed Amy in worry.

"No," responds Mark. "Any time I see that entity I feel pain,"

"Is it sucking your energy?" Amy asked.

"Not just my energy, it's trying to break my spirit," Mark answers as he sat the scrapbook on the bed.

"Okay, I'm not letting that happen, bring the scrapbook to your office, we're going to figure this out together," she said. Mark nodded as he grabbed the scrapbook once again and began making their way to Mark's office. Meanwhile, in the cemetery, the entity had trapped Sean in some sort of tube, Sean hated being in confined spaces and feared that he would suffocate. The man that had taken him to the secret room of a cemetery building was sitting at a table in solid form. Sean had been banging on the tube for a while to a point where the man stood and walked over to him.

"Quit trying to break out of there McLoughlin," says the man who not only looked like Mark but sounded like him too. "It's not going to help,"

"Who are you?! What do you want from me?!" Sean said glaring at the figure.

"Oh me? The name is Damien, but some of my friends call me Dark," said Damien. "As for what I want from you, I don't need anything, I just want Mark," he continued "You are the one that will help me lure Mark down here so I could take control of his body and abilities,"